Interesting Browning Buckmark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I had been looking for something to shoot at the range a little more often than my .45 being the .45 is awfully expensive to shoot more than once a week and there is something very therapeutic about putting holes in paper targets. Anyway, I had been wanting a MKIII for quite some time but just couldn't justify their prices.

Well, I was in Sports World yesterday and they had this Buckmark that looked enticing as the price was right (only $320) and it looked and especially felt awfully nice as well. I was familiar with the Buckmarks, but hadn't really considered them as it seemed the prices were so close to the Rugers that I might as well get the Ruger. Well, this little guy I really liked and decided to get it.

I got it home and couldn't find anything on the specific model, which did tell me it was a bit unique. So I gave Browning a call and they said that it is a Shot Show special Browning Camper Cocobolo UDX. They said sometimes Browning will come up with something and put it out in a limited release to test whether it will sell or not, and that "only" 1500 were made. He said it's unique in that the Camper isn't available in UDX or Cocobolo or with the same sights, he said this pistol is closer to a Dealer Exclusive Buckmark with Rosewood grips, except that mine has a bull barrel and Cocobolo grips, and obviously limited edition. He did seem surprised it was still available new.

Anyway, for those that find it interesting that I stumbled upon this:

[Broken External Image]

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Purty Buckmark you have there. I hope to get one of those or similar sometime soon. I found one I really liked at the last big gunshow, but alas I didn't have the $450 they were asking. Although the particular one I found was well worth it I think.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of the Ruger Mk IV 22/45's. And I REALLY like it. It really wasn't that bad price wise. About $230 I think. But that is a cool pistol. Gotta love the rimfires.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As beautiful as those grips are, they are not Cocobolo. They are a Cocobolo stained laminate. But, done very, very nicely.

Great photo!!

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As beautiful as those grips are, they are not Cocobolo. They are a Cocobolo stained laminate. But, done very, very nicely.

Great photo!!

I didn't state this because I think all of the wood grips on Buckmarks are laminate, I could be wrong, but yeah, it's obvious they're laminate.

As for the Trail-Lite Barrel, don't worry, I've already started looking. I like the red the best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom