1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Introducing the Glock 44!

Discussion in 'Rimfire Weapons' started by O4L, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Engineman1960

Engineman1960 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Friday afternoon I shot 200 rounds thru my suppressed Glock 44 -- 100 Federal Auto Match and 100 bulk Federal 36 grain. -- 100% reliable, was feeling some powder residue, when the gun was cycling -- probably time to clean the suppressor.

I read some thread were they talk about reliability and ammunition issues-- I have the Advantage Arms Conversion Kits; and had both Tactical Solution Glock .22lr conversions -- The Glock 44 is light years ahead -- the only ammunition I had issue with, is the CCI Quiet (I haven’t been able to run them successfully in any semi-auto firearm). Had some issue with light strikes (My thinking is, the last round had enough energy to reset the trigger and barely enough to reset the firing pin). I had a whole lot more with the conversion kits.

I really like mine !!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    rawhide, O4L and thor447 like this.
  2. HiredHand

HiredHand Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Did you see that Promag makes higher capacity magazine for the 44?

3. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Rating
    100%
    I have never seen anything from promag that impressed me. All I can find is one video. This guy dosen't look like an operator but the mag still doesn't look impressive.

4. HiredHand

HiredHand Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I hear you. I saw them mentioned on the Handgun Combatives FB page and while they hadn’t spent much time using them. They didn’t have any issues with them when firing the gun. He did mention that getting the last 3 rounds in the mag was rather difficult, but he gave them a thumbs up for the price.

5. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    This gun continues to impress me.

Yesterday I was hitting a steel plate (12-14”, I believe), resting on top of a bag as support, at 150 yards. Not every time, but 6 out of 10 on the last magazine. I’d say the misses were me more than the gun and I know I yanked one of them.

I need to go practice at that distance more.

DRC458, O4L and xseler like this.
  6. CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin CutBait Jr's Dad

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I can say I witnessed this event, and finally shot a G44.

Looking forward to owning one.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

DRC458, O4L, xseler and 1 other person like this.
  7. O4L

O4L Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    There is a new aftermarket optics cut aluminum slide for the G44. $200 ish IIRC.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  8. HJB

HJB Sharpshooter

Need more practice with a .22 caliber pistol ? I would never even thought to shoot one that far ! Sounds like pretty good shooting to me though.

I shot my son-in-law's new Glock 44 last week and at 7 yards put 20 rounds within a three inch diameter circle and very well centered. I was very happy with that. I had seen where several people thought it had POI above the POA even with sights adjusted as far down as they would go, but this was with sights set from the factory and exactly half of my shots were at or above the horizontal center line and half below.

Also, we shot a bunch of different bulk ammo thru it and the only thing it didn't like was CCI Quiet ammo, which was really not a surprise. It shot if fine, but would not eject the round.

He asked me if I was going to buy one, and I told him I didn't need to buy one.....my son-in-law has one !

9. CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin CutBait Jr's Dad

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    After posting this, I realized that I spent yesterday thinking the gongs were 100 yards, so Mad Prof swung back by with a rangefinder. Confirmed 154 yards from the chair, with signs and rangefinder.
    IMG_36071.jpg 20200913_155854_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Mad Professor likes this.
  10. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’ve seen that. But the only practical purpose for me would be optic sight acquisition training. And I wouldn’t gain much over dry-firing a real carry or Carry optics match gun. But I’ve bought gun stuff without practical purpose before.

Glock 40, thor447, O4L and 1 other person like this.