Introduction to Ham Radio Class, NE OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For any of you that might have interest in learning more about Ham Radio, there will be two FREE “Introduction to Amateur (Ham) Radio” presentations at the Northeast Technology Centers.

One Presentation will meet at the Pryor Campus on Thursdays January 29th and February 5th, and then repeat at the Kansas, OK Campus on Tuesdays February 10th and February 17th, both from 6 to 8:30PM.

This is a free, two night presentation about Ham Radio, radio equipment, local repeater communication, world wide HF communication, emergency communication, weather spotting, different operating modes, etc. You will also receive information about study materials, and how to easily pass your license test, usually in two or three weeks of a couple hours study time most evenings.

Ham radio is also a great family hobby year round, at home, in the car, or camping. Very different than the totally un-regulated CB radio environment. Wives, like mine, who had no similar type background knowledge and even youngsters as young as 10 years old, with a little effort, can get their licenses for direct communications. Ham Radio teaches youngsters discipline and responsibility they can be proud of. I think family studying actually makes it easier.

We will have plenty of Q/A time at these presentations, and we will be available for any additional help, if needed. Ham Radio people like to talk.

The program is free, but NTC would like for you to pre-register by calling the Pryor campus at 918-825-5555, or the Kansas campus at 918-868-3535.

This program is being jointly offered by the Mayes County Amateur Radio Club and the Rogers County Wireless Association.

Come and and see what Ham radio is all about, and bring your family to see if they too might want to get involved in something new.

If you want more information, PM me. Ken WB5Y

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think that the vo-techs here in OKC would host this class. Is there a club in OKC that could organize this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom