Is a Rijas better than a Rock River?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll stipulate that a DD rail system is overpriced. But they cannot even remotely be compared to NC Star garbage. Yes, the Daniel Defense stuff IS 5X better than NC Star, UTG, etc. For the price of one of their rails, you could buy an MOE handguard and enough rail sections to add anything you'd actually need. It would be far lighter AND more durable than the cheap crap. I knew I wouldn't be happy on my RR M16 with anything less than the DD rail, so I waited and caught an Omega on sale at Bravo Co. for $170. For my other builds, one wears MOE and the other two have Troy TRX.

Just look at this gem: View attachment 18463 To paraphrase Bill Nighy in Underworld, that thing is an abomination. I'd sooner sight over the bare rails like a shotgun than put that thing on one of my rifles! :puke:

I feel sorry for the guy in Lawton trying to sell that turd for $1,400. He got hosed, big time. :(
Ok, well, I do understand that there are quality differences... and I have never used anything NC Star NOR anything Daniel Defense, so I honestly can't compare them. I'm just saying...

As for your example, I can't see that pic really well, it's tiny. So I don't know what you mean about it. If the NC Star quad rail is built poorly with poor quality control, meaning half the Picatinny mounts arne't to spec and won't hold an accessory, or the metal is prone to fatigue and breakage, or the screws strip out easily or the finish is poor and prone to easy wear or bad spots from the factory... ok, that's understandable to call it crap. But, I just haven't seen anything that makes me believe a quad-rail should be worth $300-350. Really.

I dunno... just finishing my first AR build and all the add-ons have got me down, I guess. I want good quality stuff, but I have lots of other toys to buy, too, you know???? Haha.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggsly I need a 45acp high point carbine that will hold a 5 shot, 1 hole group at 300yds what can you do for me?
If it will not hold that tight of pattern, just bring it back.
Pay the small $150 handling fee, and I will replace it with a brand stinking new CUSTOM Biggsly/Hipoint.
You nust can't beat it.:drunk:

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rijas gaurantees a lifetime warranty for ANYTHING. Maybe that's how they justify charging do much?

I would like to see there fine print . As to poking fun at that lady she is just trying to make some money, heck I would stand there and sell his crap if he paid me enough. its a job and it pays money.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bash the gun builder and his BS all you won't, but posting a pic of a girl trying to make a living and then poking fun of her looks is trailer trash classy.

Thank you! If someone acts a fool, and is trying to screw someone on purpose, call him out. Help educate new shooters without resorting to Jerry Springer tactics, but making fun of someone because they don't meet your standards is juvenile.

To be honest, the ones that think it is so funny wouldn't have a chance with their poster girls anyway. I would rather have a lady like the pic, that loved guns, and enjoyed being around than the airheaded liberal pin ups anyday.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn you guys need to relax. Getting worked up over a pic with a off hand comment. Did I say anything degrading about her? Was it tasteful, no probably not. Do I care what you think? Not really. I posted a pic that I found online and made a reference to a calendar. You saw what I posted and took it how you wanted to. Really who cares.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn you guys need to relax. Getting worked up over a pic with a off hand comment. Did I say anything degrading about her? Was it tasteful, no probably not. Do I care what you think? Not really. I posted a pic that I found online and made a reference to a calendar. You saw what I posted and took it how you wanted to. Really who cares.

[Broken External Image]

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I thought it was hilarious, if that makes me a bad person, well so be it. :)

BTW I think I'm going to pistol whip that Rijas a-hole the next time I see him open his big mouth at the gunshow spewing lies. I can't stand that guy.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I bet your parents tried really hard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom