Is a Rijas better than a Rock River?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back to Rijas. . . . He told me, "I am the best gunsmith in the world!". . . . seriously? That dude craks me up.
Not making personal attacks on the guy but when anyone makes a statement like that. . . . what do you expect?
"BEST GUNSMITH IN THE WORLD!" chest puffed out with a gaze into the distance. it was hard not to laugh. :-)

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bash the gun builder and his BS all you won't, but posting a pic of a girl trying to make a living and then poking fun of her looks is trailer trash classy.

This.

Sure, we could just ignore people being cruel to someone who has done nothing to them.

Ignoring bad manners leads to more people displaying bad manners and personally I'm delighted that I'm not the only one who finds such mockery to be pretty tasteless.

I'm confident that if that was your sister, mother, wife or daughter, you wouldn't want a bunch of jackholes on the internet mocking her.

Michael Brown

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Damn you guys need to relax. Getting worked up over a pic with a off hand comment. Did I say anything degrading about her? Was it tasteful, no probably not. Do I care what you think? Not really. I posted a pic that I found online and made a reference to a calendar. You saw what I posted and took it how you wanted to. Really who cares.

:homer:

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poorly received joke aside, is it good manners to take advantage of a novice buyer. Most folks on this board would look at a DTI AR15 for $1000 and shoot pepsi out their nose from laughing so hard. But not everyone has read and researched weapons to the point of obsession. (like me) So some young person that is looking for a nice "tacticool" rifle gets suckered into paying wayyyyy to much for a bottom of the line rifle. I don't have any problem with a man feeding his family, but misleading people is just wrong. I had a fellow come by and try to sell me one of the Rijas DTI rifles a few weeks ago. He just wanted what he had into it. About $1000. I tried to let him down easy and informed him as to what his rifle is worth in the current market. Poor guy. He did finaly sell it for $700, which was a huge loss for only owning the gun for a very short time

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those saying that "the worlds best gunsmith" is just trying to earn a living I call BS. There is a well defined difference between making a living and knowingly taking advantage of people that
are not as educated as some of us ( also known as screwing people). The man is a crook nothing more, nothing less.

I was at the OKC gunshow Sunday with a friend of mine. I walked by their booth and was polite to his staff but I'm not interested in buying a WASR for $675 so I just keep walking and tell everyone I know my opinion of this business.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about him when I made the money point I was talking about the lady in the picture. I personally think the guy is a jack a$$ for taking advantage of novice buyers and making outlandish claims

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats somebody's kid & some man's way of feeding his family is the way I see it. I expect more out of Oklahomans, Men of the Gun, & this forum in general. But what do I know, i'm just an dumb ol infantryman.

I wasn't talking about him when I made the money point I was talking about the lady in the picture. I personally think the guy is a jack a$$ for taking advantage of novice buyers and making outlandish claims

Wasn't talkin bout you Eric and I don't care for the offhand comment about the lady but that's not what I'm addressing.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think we should take up a collection and buy one of these overpiced firearms, field test it for accuracy and then try to make good on the "guarantee". I'll put in $20.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any company that features testimonials / reviews prominently on their website as a dedicated section and in the main nav automatically draws suspicions for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom