Is Glock ever gonna branch out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like they had everything figured out by Gen 2 or Gen 3 .. why keep releasing newer generations? Oh right because departmental purchasing policies.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Glock is a Glock. I've seen this question before and I just don't get it. S&W makes revolvers that really haven't changed in decades. The glock is a simple, dependable work horse. So, no. Me thinks that Glock will be produced pretty much same as it always has and other gun companies can keep basing their gun on the Glock.

S&W makes tons of other stuff now beyond revolvers. It's almost as if their days of being a one trick pony were numbered, they saw that, and branched out into other stuff...

The reality is at some point that as technology changes, they will have to. They may ride this train for decades but eventually their day will come that they too are obsolete.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W makes tons of other stuff now beyond revolvers. It's almost as if their days of being a one trick pony were numbered, they saw that, and branched out into other stuff...

The reality is at some point that as technology changes, they will have to. They may ride this train for decades but eventually their day will come that they too are obsolete.
Point taken, I agree, but I will long gone off this rock when that comes to pass.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the article...

"So, what does it all mean? Possibly nothing. As part of an R&D process, companies regularly take out patents on new inventions. Does that mean a finished product will ever come to market? No."

:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom