Is it any better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Still haven't seen .22 in WW since the Great Ammo Depression started.

If you need some for a range trip, Academy has had 50rd boxes, limit 3 I think, every time I've been there. Not cheap stuff (no bulk), but not gouging either.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty much the same here in OKC area. Haven't seen any .22 at a Wally World but the one time here a few months back since the drought began, but can usually pick up a bit at Academy. But, yeah, it's better than it was. I do miss being able to pick up a few 550 packs of the bulk Federal stuff at Wally pretty much anytime you were there though.

Norinoo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hoping that with some news lately of ammo makers ramping up .22LR production the situation will change. I'm hoarding 10 bricks of Federal ammo I bought for $18 a box. I've has a few people since the hoax ask about getting into the shooting sports but without a steady, inexpensive supply of .22LR, few were willing to get into the sport as they didn't want to start with centerfire firearms.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen it at wally world once in three years around Ponca. Had some donated to the cause, and have paid more than I should at a little gun shop that was just getting started to help him out.
The neck beards somehow still have the inside line of when the wallyworld shipments get in. I stopped in there the other day before going on a hunt and wandered over by the ammo aisle, saw the line, and left. Same one's I've seen in the same lines every time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It can be found and I got a brick of CCI at Academy last Friday.Bullitt Firearms in Broken Arrow has 22 most of the time as well.

I see it at Academy in Stillwater and OKC on occasion. $4+ for 50 rounds puts it out of my range. I can afford it, but refuse to pay that price for .22. I can reload centerfire pistol for not much more than that.
They had the 333 packs of Winchester in Stillwater once for a tad more than .06 a round, so that wasn't gouging price, but getting close.
Problem for me is that I'm an hour away from anything other than Walmart, and our store has nothing but neckbeards buying the ammo after standing in lines for hours.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't seen bulk packs anywhere in 3 years, not even once. Check at WM about every time I wander through, no luck.

50-round packs at Academy, as above, not worth the cost, or the time to stop in to look.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F collecting gold and silver, I go in my safe every week and pull out my collection of . 22 and just sit and look at it, marveling in its awesomeness.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F collecting gold and silver, I go in my safe every week and pull out my collection of . 22 and just sit and look at it, marveling in its awesomeness.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Do you comb the hair on your neck while ogling the vast store of .22 boolets you have squirreled away? One simply must stay well groomed, after all. It wouldn't be cool to look unkempt to your mates whilst standing idly in line at Wally World at 5 AM now, would it? :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom