is it worth to renew your concealed carry with all the new laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I submitted my renewal on Wednesday, Jan. 15th. Received my new license in the mail on Saturday, Feb. 1st. Could not believe how quickly it OSBI turned it around!
They probably welcomed the break from trying to figure out 18 Down in the day's crossword puzzle.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I submitted my renewal on Wednesday, Jan. 15th. Received my new license in the mail on Saturday, Feb. 1st. Could not believe how quickly it OSBI turned it around!

Well yeah, there’s a crap ton of people all the sudden who ain’t tyin’ up the line to get one. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you both ever go to a restaurant that serves liquor or even a beer? You are legal carrying, she is not. There are a few other exceptions that are not clear also.

Absolutely not true. There are NO differences in the law regarding establishments that serve alcohol, whether you have an OK Handgun License or not. You CAN carry your weapon into a restaurant that serves alcohol as long as alcohol is not the primary product sold. Whether you have a permit or not, you still can NOT carry into a bar, liquor store, or any establishment that derives 51% of its income from alcohol.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely not true. There are NO differences in the law regarding establishments that serve alcohol, whether you have an OK Handgun License or not. You CAN carry your weapon into a restaurant that serves alcohol as long as alcohol is not the primary product sold. Whether you have a permit or not, you still can NOT carry into a bar, liquor store, or any establishment that derives 51% of its income from alcohol.

Check out the part in bold....
6a46472316b95e505b802c5682a51216.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir "James Abram" that is true the way the statutes were written and passed which the link above came from. (Thanks Corneilrous) There are some other quirks in it also which many people might not be aware of. Yes there are some things that are unclear and do not reflect the Carry Permit Handbook wording.

It would be nice if OSBI or someone would write up a "NO Carry Permit" version for those who do not wish to get a permit to help keep them out of potential trouble.

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think so for out of state travel reciprocity and for the fact that it is another accepted form of official photo ID. I just like the idea of having a physical licence these days

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just read through this older thread, and there is a good reason to renew other than going OOS. That is the federal Gun- Free School Zones Act. Without a license you can't legally carry within 1000 feet of school property.

I'll keep my SDA license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom