Is Lexington WMA gun range open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope so, I want to go punch some paper if my wife finds this pistol she wants.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Brother Bob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work the three ranges there for the ODWC. Yes, they are open from official sunrise to official sunset. If you have a valid Oklahoma hunting license, you are welcome. If you don’t, expect me or two others to ask you to leave. A Game Warden will fine you upwards of over $300! All three ranges are covered now with concrete benches and adjustable seats. Nice place to shoot, but don’t be stupid!

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And don't bring explosives.

Oh, and don't stare at another man's wife or daughter, you make them feel unwelcomed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And take your targets with you when you leave!!! Probably not needed for folks here, but recently, my trips out there include me removing people's old targets. Two weeks ago, me and a friend disassembled a cardboard target stand some people taped and stapled together on the northern rifle range. It was made up of 8-10 individual boxes, with all kinds of southern engineering to get it to stand about 4 feet tall and hold multiple targets. Then they just left it there. Wish you were there Brother Bob when we were that day!

Last edited:

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last trip was last weekend and the folks using the range said they would get my targets as they were shooting them

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Mr. Matt

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

so finally after 20 years, the wife wants to learn to shoot and understand firearms. Ive been looking for an outdoor range that doesn’t get too crowded because she is a high risk for Covid person and she gets anxious around large crowds.
What days/times are best to go to the range at Lexington when a minimal amount of people might be there?
Also, is the range self regulated or is there a range monitor that helps keeps things safe? Thanks in advance for any information.
MH

Latest posts

Top Bottom