Is there anyone intimately familiar with the Beretta 92?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve just cleaned and reassembled my mother’s beretta 92, and I cannot get it to function check properly. Am I messing something up? I took it apart (General field strip) and reassembled it exactly as I had dozens or even hundreds of times with M9s while serving. I haven’t handled one in quite a while, so I think I may be forgetting some silly idiosyncrasy. Then she tells me she had actually let her brother “borrow” it for a long time for home defense. I’m wondering if perhaps he messed something up and I’m just not familiar enough to have noticed.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trigger is dead, even with the safety off, and all I did was a standard field strip of removing the slide from the frame and separating the guide rod and barrel from the slide. No punches were involved, as I do not have any, just clp and an old toothbrush. Oh, and yes I did eventually recall that there’s a magazine disconnect on the trigger bar or some such, so even with the magazine inserted, trigger is dead. I’ve gotten it to dry fire maybe four times out of dozens of attempts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom