Is this shotgun shell still useable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about some of your garden goods?
81c782905bed0cafe6e7ab8ef1b370c6--smoking-emoji-weed-emoji.jpg

Sure :) I already had you down for a nice big box. Think I forgot about you.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son asked me if this shotgun shell is still useable. I'm saying "no" but I'll throw it out to the experts here--although I know I'll get a lot of other responses, too!View attachment 172329View attachment 172330

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk
Heck. Some may loose their minds but I’ve taken a little Brillo pad and just rubbed the green off. Heck. On smaller calibers I’ve chucked it up in my hand drill and use the Brillo pad to make it look new.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine gave me some advice several years ago, and it has ALWAYS suited me will. In either buying, selling, or shooting, if you have a question(that little voice in the back of your head) WALK AWAY.
There looks like a break in the rim to the case, and that's a freakin slug. Hell No!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There must not be any waterfowl hunters here. That shell is absolutely pristine.........that doesn't even fit the description of corrosion lol. Shoot it. Actually lead shells that have been wet are safer to shoot that wet steel that has set over time. No water will get to the powder in either shell, but water will make its way into the hull through the crimp and will often rust the steel shot before it can get used. That shell in the pic is nothing compared to what waterfowl guys dig out of the bottom of boats, blinds and layout blinds at the end of season, box them back up and shoot them next season.

EXACTLY what I thought, the moment I saw the pic.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine gave me some advice several years ago, and it has ALWAYS suited me will. In either buying, selling, or shooting, if you have a question(that little voice in the back of your head) WALK AWAY.
There looks like a break in the rim to the case, and that's a freakin slug. Hell No!
sissy

Latest posts

Top Bottom