ISO Advice from Subaru Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahrk-9

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a 4 door vehicle and am dinsenchanted with driving a truck. A four door truck with 4x4 can be expensive and to me not fun to drive. My thought was just get a Forrester or Outback and if i need to haul stuff put it on a roof rack, in the back hatch or if need be get a little 4x8 trailer. I wanted to see if owners of these vehicles would say i would still miss the truck for household projects (hauling trash, tree limbs, household stuff). Thsnks for your feedback. Also, which is more fun to drive? I will probably be spending around $10k.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has an outback. It’s no truck. You cannot fit very tall things in there. They’re fairly dull to drive. Safe, and comfortable, but boring. Decent amt of road noise.
If you really need a 4x4 under 10k I’d look at Ford rangers or those Chevy Colorado’s Either will haul way more, even in a 6’ bed than a Subaru

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an 11 and 14 Forester that I bought to resell, but have driven them on and off for a few months. The 14 gets around 28 mpg and drives pretty nice, and I don't notice a lot of road noise like some of the older Subarus. A Forester should be a better compromise between a truck and car, but I like the way that the Outback looks. With a small, lightweight trailer, an SUV would be better and more comfortable than a truck.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we got a loaner 2018 outback for my 2011's 90k service, and it was noticably smaller than our 11's.
Im guessing theyre trying to push folks into the new Ascent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom