Israel going in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Follow the money. US wants to transfer the technology and begin co-production of the iron dome defense system. Raytheon would be the beneficiary.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are we tied to this country? Good question...I have no educated theory.

My guesses, compared to the rest of the region:

A) They look like us?
B) They, mostly, believe in general concepts of freedom and liberty?
C) Given the opportunity, they would not cut off our heads after raping our wives and teenage sons simply because we are "non-believers" and the Imam said so?
D) Historical, familial ties?
E) They demonstrate how to create a functioning and flourishing society in that cess pool we call the middle east?

Maybe there are some other hidden tyrannical causes, but from a layman's point of view I think that covers it. I'm sure that can and will be torn to shreds but there it is....(I do agree, especially in light of our current financial situation, we should not be writing checks we can't cash to support them. We have enough assets in the region to lend a hand without going overboard on Chinese loans. Some satellite imagery here, spare parts there etc...I've no problem with that.)

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
E) They demonstrate how to create a functioning and flourishing society in that cess pool we call the middle east?
You should get out more or at least lay off the right-wing news if you think that Israel is the only place that is not only functional but flourishing.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should get out more or at least lay off the right-wing news if you think that Israel is the only place that is not only functional but flourishing.

You should read more and post less. I'm talking about perceptions and motivations for our connection to Israel in response to TK's question. I'm not talking about hard facts and realities. I gave some reasons that most/many people might identify with Israel more than Hamas, Egypt, Saudi-Fing-Arabia etc...based on the perception/image Israel presents compared to other places in the region.

Quickly, without googling anything, name another middle eastern country that presents the perception of a modern, flourishing civilization with a high standard of living and liberty for the majority of it's citizens. Go. (Having been to many middle eastern countries, I can name a few but I won't spoil the exercise for you)

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, because Israel is so much less functional than Libya, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, etc.

Most of the ones that are flourishing have major oil reserves, along with the iron fisted regimes to control the populace.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

A) They look like us?
C) Given the opportunity, they would not cut off our heads after raping our wives and teenage sons simply because we are "non-believers" and the Imam said so?

Maybe there are some other hidden tyrannical causes, but from a layman's point of view I think that covers it. I'm sure that can and will be torn to shreds but there it is....(I do agree, especially in light of our current financial situation, we should not be writing checks we can't cash to support them. We have enough assets in the region to lend a hand without going overboard on Chinese loans. Some satellite imagery here, spare parts there etc...I've no problem with that.)

I suspect it started initially as a buffer to British influence in the region, then was heavily supported by certain US-based interests, and became the only reliable ally in the area.

I believe you make several valid points, and I haven't found a right-wing mainstream news source. I know the hippahs hate Fox, but they, to me, hold the center, and not the right. May be that the vast majority seem like a well-dressed version of Pravda and Krasnaya Zvezda.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A) They look like us?

They look like us? OK, so does Germany, Switzerland France, etc...

"Mostly" believe in concepts of freedom and liberty. Not really sure that comes to play here, but even if it did, our "constitution-free" border areas look like anarchy compared to them. (I know, I know, gotta protect the people from terror)

Would not cut off our heads. OK, but, then, we haven't occupied them, either. I personally have never felt like someone may remove my head for being an infidel, and plan on staying in areas that don't promote that. (it's not my problem how they run other countries)

Historical, familial ties? Hmmm. Not sure about that one. Some would argue that our country was founded on "Judeo-Christian" values, yet that term wasn't invented until fairly recently. It has been repeated often enough, that I suppose it's been moved into the "fact" category.

Functioning, flourishing...guess that depends on which day you listen to the news. One day Israel is the shining example of prophecy fulfilled, the new land of milk and honey. Next day, the poor souls in Israel are struggling for their very existence. BTW - America is the example of flourishing - we succeeded for many years without the sponsorship of a "big brother" country. In fact, our existence and success relied on our independence from that very thing.

I hear folks say "America for Americans" when they whine about the Mexican invasion, yet few pause to consider how we are failing to adhere to "America for Americans" when we get so tied up with another country, that a large part of the world views America and Israel as one in the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom