Israel going in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Horrifying, but it actually is a solution. One of the few that would actually work as long as militant Palestinian factions are in charge of negotiating for Palestine.

One side is going to have to wipe out the other or they are going to have to agree to get along. One side has already declared they wi never get along with the other so...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Horrifying, but it actually is a solution. One of the few that would actually work as long as militant Palestinian factions are in charge of negotiating for Palestine.

One side is going to have to wipe out the other or they are going to have to agree to get along. One side has already declared they wi never get along with the other so...
Do you really believe that Netanyahu would ever accept a Palestinian state? I don't.

I know the official Israeli position is still one that accomodates a two state solution but I think it is only lip service for Netanyahu.
We've already covered the fact that he disavows the Oslo accords.
He participates in peace conferences but authorizes new settlements on Palestinian land on the same day of the peace conference.
Does anyone build 200 settlements on land they don't intend to keep?
Rabin would have accepted a Palestinian state, Peres used to, Netanyahu does not.
He might say so because he knows that HAMAS is not going to call his bluff and agree.

As I have alluded to before, this is a different Israel than the one we used to know.
Demographics have changed and attitudes with them.
Israel today is comprised mostly of people who were born there and lived there all their lives.
(Netanyahu is the first Israeli prime minister born in Israel after the establishment of the state).
The greatest generation is disappearing more every day.

Netanyahu looks at a divided Arab world and believes that he doesn't have to accept a Palestinian state anymore.

I don't think Israel is any more righteous, or less, than the Palestinians.
Two sides of the same coin but we Americans have chosen sides on the basis of religion and propaganda.

Now, here is another possible solution:
If you turn the electricity and water off and blockade import and export trade perhaps enough people will voluntarily leave to escape the poverty and misery to make the issue moot.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An idea has been rolling around in my head since I heard that Jimmah Caatah was calling for the international community to recognize Hamas as a "legitimate political actor":

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articl...ter_mary_robinson_israel_palestine_gaza_hamas

"The international community's initial goal should be the full restoration of the free movement of people and goods to and from Gaza through Israel, Egypt and the sea. Concurrently, the United States and EU should recognize that Hamas is not just a military but also a political force," Carter and Robinson wrote. "Hamas cannot be wished away, nor will it cooperate in its own demise. Only by recognizing its legitimacy as a political actor -- one that represents a substantial portion of the Palestinian people -- can the West begin to provide the right incentives for Hamas to lay down its weapons."

As batty as old Jimmy has become, he may have accidentally stumbled upon the answer here! Say we officially recognized Hamas as a legitimate political organization representing the Palestinians, along with the State of Palestine as it's own nation. Now say we and Israel together set aside money to rebuild the West Bank and revitalize both it's economy and infrastructure. We open the borders for free trade and travel. That WOULD require Hamas to cooperate with us, correct?

Now let's say Hamas committed another act of terrorism (which they undoubtedly will). When that happens, Israel could then declare war on Hamas and the State of Palestine, correct? As our sworn ally, we would then be obligated to join in a military coalition to force a Hamas surrender, correct? Hell, we could have U.S. Marines patrolling Gaza and Nablus by Thanksgiving!

Those people screaming loudest for Hamas might want to be careful what they wish for. They might just get it. :mean:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you really believe that Netanyahu would ever accept a Palestinian state? I don't.

I Do, if it were not for Hamas.

I know the official Israeli position is still one that accomodates a two state solution but I think it is only lip service for Netanyahu.
We've already covered the fact that he disavows the Oslo accords.

The accords called for the withdrawal of Israeli forces from parts of the Gaza Strip and West Bank, and affirmed a Palestinian right of self-government within those areas through the creation of a Palestinian Interim Self-Government Authority. Palestinian rule was to last for a five-year interim period during which "permanent status negotiations" would commence—no later than May 1996—in order to reach a final agreement. Major issues such as Jerusalem, Palestinian refugees, Israeli settlements, and security and borders were to be decided at these permanent status negotiations (Article V). Israel was to grant interim self-government to the Palestinians in phases.

This was before Hamas.

He participates in peace conferences but authorizes new settlements on Palestinian land on the same day of the peace conference.
Does anyone build 200 settlements on land they don't intend to keep?
Rabin would have accepted a Palestinian state, Peres used to, Netanyahu does not.
He might say so because he knows that HAMAS is not going to call his bluff and agree.

As I have alluded to before, this is a different Israel than the one we used to know.
Demographics have changed and attitudes with them.

Israel's attitudes have changed with almost 10,000 rockets landing in their country over the last 10 years, with 3000 of them in the last month. What would you have them do? Offer up a tea party to talk about it?

Israel today is comprised mostly of people who were born there and lived there all their lives.

Your sure about that? I watched a news interview today. More than half the guys in a battle hardened dozer to clear mines had been living in Israel for 2-5 years. Two were from Missouri.
(Netanyahu is the first Israeli prime minister born in Israel after the establishment of the state).
The greatest generation is disappearing more every day.

Netanyahu looks at a divided Arab world and believes that he doesn't have to accept a Palestinian state anymore.

Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and all of the arab nations in the area have distanced themselves from Hamas. Qutar is the only exception, and they support hamas with money, and supplies

I don't think Israel is any more righteous, or less, than the Palestinians.

Israel is just defending themselves. Every cease fire has been broken by Hamas. Every act of aggression has been started by Hamas. What would you do if you lived in Israel or your neighbor down the street started firing rockets at you every day, all day, all night, and you had to live underground? Invite them over for tea and crumpets?
Two sides of the same coin but we Americans have chosen sides on the basis of religion and propaganda.

Now, here is another possible solution:
If you turn the electricity and water off and blockade import and export trade perhaps enough people will voluntarily leave to escape the poverty and misery to make the issue moot

Really? punish the Palestinian people for the aggressions of Hamas? Some of the Palestinian people have protested Hamas and been shot on the street.

Of course the red is my comments.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the most ridiculously hideous thing I have read in a while. And that is saying something.

Guessing you haven't read this then.

Reprint of Yochanan Gordon’s “When Genocide is Permissible” (Updated) August 1, 2014

Earlier today the Times of Israel published the article “When Genocide is Permissible” by Yochanan Gordon. They have since taken it down but we are republishing it here as representative of part of the discourse in the American Jewish community. According to Gordon’s bio at the Times of Israel his father is the founder of The Five Towns Jewish Times in Nassau County, NY which is “committed to showing the best of our Orthodox Jewish community, while reflecting reality.” The article is still posted there.

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/08/yochanan-genocide-permissible.html

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if I click reply with quote, like this, and your comments are referenced its quotable.
If you hide your comments inside my comments by editing them its not really quotable, is it?

Well you could copy and paste both your comments in one quote box, then respond to his in blue. That's what I do when someone comments within a quote. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom