Israel going in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rabin would have accepted a Palestinian state, Peres used to, Netanyahu does not.

As I have alluded to before, this is a different Israel than the one we used to know.
Demographics have changed and attitudes with them.

Maybe, maybe not - when you take into account a couple of PMs sandwiched in between Rabin and Peres - Begin and Shamir. When you consider they were the heads of Irgun and Lehi respectively, and what those groups did and represented, I don't know that attitudes are so much different now than then.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hobbes, who do you consider a past leader of Israel which embodies what is necessary for peace and why?
Rabin obviously.
That's what got him assassinated.
After Rabin, Israelis have gradually turned to hard liners unwilling to compromise and so have Palestinians.

As much as Israelis hated the PLO there's no doubt that HAMAS is much worse.
It reminds me of how we were going to rid Iraq of Saddam and bring democracy to the region and yet ended up with ISIS.
I wonder if the present course Netanyahu is on will bring ISIS to Gaza and the WB?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two women were brought before Solomon to settle their dispute over a baby. Solomon said, "We'll cut this baby in half and each of you can have half a baby." One woman thought that was fair. Solomon said "you crazy *****, what good is half a baby?" he gave the whole thing to the other one.

Solomon edges out David in my view, but only by half a nose.
So, what your saying is that there was an Israeli state way back then. Interesting, not the sort of thing i expected from you.

Umb, did you ever read Netanyahu's speech? Just curious what you thought?
I have. Considering your point about the distinction of an Israeli state and a Jewish state; it is my understanding that the state if Israel was always meant to be a Jewish state. There is no doubt that Bibi is more of a hardliner than some of his predecessors. The people of Israel put his government in place for that reason. They realize that capitulation in the face of Hamas/PA is not a viable solution for peace. It is interesting to me that people criticize Israel for occupying land they took in response to being attacked, like in the West bank. Yet nothing is said when they invade Gaza to defeat the military forces of Hamas et al, and then leave when the work is done.

http://www.livetradingnews.com/netanyahu-warns-obama-do-not-second-guess-me-on-hamas-63352.htm

So Netanyahu warns an American president....(like it or not, he is the president).

And some of the most popular right-wing nutjobs were bragging about this.
What did Netenyahu say that was incorrect? It seems to me not enough people tell Obama where to shove his opionions.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did Netenyahu say that was incorrect? It seems to me not enough people tell Obama where to shove his opionions.

And you would be correct, except Obamais the president of the country financing Israel's invasion.
Kinda like I tell my boys how to live, as long as I'm paying the bills. You want to tell me to GTH, pay your own way.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have. Considering your point about the distinction of an Israeli state and a Jewish state; it is my understanding that the state if Israel was always meant to be a Jewish state. There is no doubt that Bibi is more of a hardliner than some of his predecessors. The people of Israel put his government in place for that reason. They realize that capitulation in the face of Hamas/PA is not a viable solution for peace. It is interesting to me that people criticize Israel for occupying land they took in response to being attacked, like in the West bank. Yet nothing is said when they invade Gaza to defeat the military forces of Hamas et al, and then leave when the work is done.

That seems kind of racist to me. IIRC, the Balfour Declaration clearly stated that there was to be co-existence, not the removal of people already there.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you would be correct, except Obamais the president of the country financing Israel's invasion.
Kinda like I tell my boys how to live, as long as I'm paying the bills. You want to tell me to GTH, pay your own way.
No disagreement here.
That seems kind of racist to me. IIRC, the Balfour Declaration clearly stated that there was to be co-existence, not the removal of people already there.
Im not tracking with you. could you explain this?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Originally there was a Jewish population that lived side by side with Palistinians(arabs) and Christians. Is was supposed to just be the Nation of Israel, yet it morphed into the Jewish State of Israel. At one time Palistinians and Christians had a role in Govt, they actually got to participate and have representation. Today that isnt the case.

When a person can look past the propaganda and rhetoric we can better understand the plight of Israeli's.....not Jews or Palastinians.

I dont think the answer is a 2 state affair.....rather a return to the Nation of Isreal where the Govt represents all 3 religions and all citizens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom