Israel going in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Lurker stated The Balfour Declaration was to set up the state of Israel, which Israel changed to a Jewish nation, the U.N. partition set borders later for Israeli and Pali states. Neither of them liked it and problems started at which time we took sides instead of letting things work themselves out.

It may not make it so, but whether anyone wants to admit it or not it's what's all of this has been justified with for some time now.

The first part makes complete sense to me. Thank you for the distillation.

Your last sentence holds true for both sides of the conflict. Which is why i dont see an end to the hostilities, pretty much ever.
I think i have been up front and clear about my stance. I am neither a cheer leader nor detractor of Israel. I see them as the lesser evil of two options in the middle east. I am very familiar with Islamic radicalism, and am supportive of its elimination, even if it is by a group of people i do not necessarily agree with.
How much simpler a problem this would be to resolve if the radicals on both sides were not a part of the equation. Unfortunately they are.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Your last sentence holds true for both sides of the conflict. Which is why i dont see an end to the hostilities, pretty much ever.
I think i have been up front and clear about my stance. I am neither a cheer leader nor detractor of Israel. I see them as the lesser evil of two options in the middle east. I am very familiar with Islamic radicalism, and am supportive of its elimination, even if it is by a group of people i do not necessarily agree with.
How much simpler a problem this would be to resolve if the radicals on both sides were not a part of the equation. Unfortunately they are.

Agree with what you're saying her, not been trying to argue just share opinions. One point I would make though is that the roots of the issue and it's core today is not radical Islam(though the Pali's are being pushed that way), it's a family/blood feud with land (which equals money and power), misperceived racial issues, and some folks feelings of entitlement/superiority very much at it's center.

This article is interesting...

The lost Palestinian Jews

"We are of the same race and blood, and cooperation will bring great prosperity to the land," wrote Emir Faisal to Felix Frankfurter in 1917. Faisal was known for his affinity to the Zionists who had begun streaming to the Holy Land; in 1919, he signed a cooperation agreement with Chaim Weizmann, to whom he wrote that he was "mindful of the racial kinship and ancient bonds existing between the Arabs and the Jewish people." But Faisal's proclamations of kinship with the Jews were more than lip service to a commonly held belief, says Tsvi Misinai, who knows perhaps more about the origins of the modern Palestinians than anyone. "Faisal's paternal line was Hashemite," he says, "meaning he was directly descended from Muhammad. But the mother of his maternal grandfather, King On, was descended from a family of forced Jewish converts to Islam that immigrated to the east bank of the Jordan, later returning to one of the villages west of the Jordan. Unlike today, when Faisal was growing up, his grandfather's mother's Jewish origin was known, and they made no great effort to hide it. And what was known to Faisal is known to many Palestinians today as well." This is a story of what may be one of the best-kept secrets in history - one that could, in time, heal the terrible rift that has torn the Land of Israel asunder. After years of research, Misinai says that he can declare with certainty that nearly 90 percent of all Palestinians are descended from the Jews. "And what's more, about half of them know it," he says. Not only that, many Palestinians retain Jewish customs, including mourning rituals, lighting Shabbat or memorial candles and even wearing tefillin. While the common wisdom among many Israelis is that the group that calls itself "Palestinian" is a motley collection of Arabs from various parts of the Middle East who immigrated to the Land of Israel following the employment opportunities provided by Jews, Misinai says that the vast majority of today's Palestinians are descended from the remnants of Jewish families who managed to avoid being deported over the past 2,000 years, or returned to their lands after they were exiled...

Misinai has made it his mission to spread the word among Palestinians, giving them the opportunity to retrieve their lost heritage. And not just introduce them to their roots; according to Misinai, the reintegration of what he calls the "descendants of Israel" with the Jewish people is the best - perhaps the only - way to solve the seemingly endless Middle East crisis...

Close to nine out of 10 Palestinians in the Land of Israel - Israel proper, Judea, Samaria and Gaza - have Jewish roots. In fact, he says, the percentage in Gaza is somewhat higher than 90 percent. Misinai is far from the first researcher to have stumbled upon this historical find. The first president of Israel, Yitzhak Ben-Zvi, and the first prime minister, David Ben-Gurion, wrote several books and articles on the subject. In fact, Ben-Gurion believed so strongly in the idea that in 1956 he set up a task force headed by Moshe Dayan and Haim Levkov (the Palmah's "point man" among the Arabs of Israel, he worked with Yigal Allon to set up the Trackers' Unit, traditionally the domain of Negev Beduin), that was supposed to develop ways to "Judaize" the Beduin, teaching them something about modern Jewish life and tradition to integrate them with the Israeli people, ethnically if not religiously...

it is time to revisit the past to build the future. In the end, Misinai says, the reintegration of the Palestinians with the Jewish people is the best - and only - solution. "We've been down the path of partition, defensive war and what the world calls occupation. Nothing has worked. The world is getting very tired of our bickering, and is pushing to implement a solution - any solution. So far, the only solutions are the ones that have failed, but here is some new, fresh thinking, that many Jews and Palestinians would accept. And if we accept it, so will the nations of the world." Misinai's Engagement would unite the "two kingdoms of Israel" described by the prophet Ezekiel. "The Jews who went into exile held onto their culture, beliefs and religion, while those that remained behind held as long as they could to the Land of Israel. Both loves - love of Torah and love of land - come from the same wellsprings. It's time to repair the historic damage done by our enemies, the Romans, and reunite our people."

http://www.jpost.com/Magazine/Features/The-lost-Palestinian-Jews

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Your correct about the radicals. Same thing is happening in our politics. And it rears its head on OSA at times.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Israel's position is that, facing economic strangulation and the imminence of war on three fronts, with hundreds of thousands of enemy troops and hundreds of tanks massed on its borders, and given that shipping had been blockaded in the Straits of Tiran(90% of Israeli oil passed through the Straits of Tiran.[7] ), a casus belli in itself, and especially in light of the social and economic impossibility of maintaining her civilian army call-up indefinitely, she felt she had little choice but to initiate preemptive action.
Substitute the word HAMAS' for the word Israel's at the beginning of that paragraph and HAMAS agrees with this
4.bp.blogspot.com__0HUaDTqETDc_TfHo3wpj_CI_AAAAAAAAAFE_mvNbo50kw1E_s200_FacebookLikeButton1.jpg

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, since Hamas started the rocket fire again, why should Israel be punished?

Because both kids need a spanking. Ever fight with your brother? Sometimes it doesnt matter who started it or who threw the first punch.

I spank them both, stand em in a corner for awhile, stop their allowance and ground them to their rooms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom