It was just like Christmas !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting all my ducks in a row to start hitting the range more now that the mornings are warming up I loaded up 500 rounds of .357 Mag yesterday and since I was all fired up and in the mood and had plenty of powder and bullets on hand (getting pretty low on SPP tho) I figured I'd go ahead and load up a few hundred more.

Got to looking around the reloading room and I couldn't find any more brass and was just about to go online to try and find some more once fired nickel plated brass to purchase (I like plated brass for my .357) when something told me to get off my dead butt and waddle out to the storage shed and take a look around.

I hit the mother lode !.......I found a box that I'd completely forgotten about containing 786 Federal once fired and already sized nickel .357 brass.

From now on I think I'm going to do a little more digging around before I start reaching for my wallet. :)

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see your a Vietnam Vet.....I'm from that time period and I've noticed that its getting easier and easier to forget exactly what I have in my safes....last month I found a S&W 45 that I forgot about...bought it new years ago, put it in the safe and forgot about it. Your post has me wanting to clean out and reorganize my other safes. Who know what's in there....
:clap3:

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you sing to yourself. " Merry Christmas to Me" " Merry Christmas to Me".
Did that a few months ago, that morning looking for 556 ammo was running pretty low by my standards. Made note to self load more. A couple hours later was looking for a 5 gal bucket to put feed in for critters in garage. I found 2 full of stuff and seen another in the corner with lid so go to get it and can hardly move it. Ask myself "What to heck is in this thing"? Open bucket 3/4 full of 556 I had loaded over a year earlier when i was going thru a reloading binge. " Merry Christmas to Me"
"Merry Christmas to Me" "Merry Christmas to Me"

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you sing to yourself. " Merry Christmas to Me" " Merry Christmas to Me".
Did that a few months ago, that morning looking for 556 ammo was running pretty low by my standards. Made note to self load more. A couple hours later was looking for a 5 gal bucket to put feed in for critters in garage. I found 2 full of stuff and seen another in the corner with lid so go to get it and can hardly move it. Ask myself "What to heck is in this thing"? Open bucket 3/4 full of 556 I had loaded over a year earlier when i was going thru a reloading binge. " Merry Christmas to Me"
"Merry Christmas to Me" "Merry Christmas to Me"
WOW....you just hit the mother lode.....worth its weight in gold at todays prices....

Latest posts

Top Bottom