It's Happening!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that’s going to be on my short list. I’m going to need an address or name of both the burrito stand, and the carniceria.

Cali Burrito... two locations nownin town, but everyone raves equally about both. I like the OG stand at 10th and F Ave.

The only good tacos in town are at a place called El Rodeo Market. 6th and Lee Blvd. The weirder the meat aounds, the better it tastes. Good beans, rice is a little light on spice. The house made tre leche is beyond amazing. It's also my go-to for real vanilla in full liters on the cheap.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm...

...according to 2020 election maps by county, Tulsa is edging in that direction. Oklahoma county is doing similarly.

Maybe we need to work on some of our own citizens. I'd be inclined to think that Parks 788 isn't all that liberal.
That was the plan a couple of administrations ago and even with the current one.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, a little update. Put down the deposit on a new 24" Haulmark Cargo trailer we will use to move us out to Oklahoma. We'll use it for some storage needs here in CA as well as once we get to OK. If we end up not needing it in OK after our move I can sell and get most of my money back. Now I jsut gotta drive 7 hours to go get it in North central Nevada.
IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3554.jpg
IMG_3558.jpg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice rig.
Keep it, put an AC unit and a power vent on the roof and make the front part into a living quarters.
Put your atv’s in the back and you have instant vacation at little Sahara state park at Waynoka Ok.

Ha! Dennis, after hearing your adventures and having a vacation in Red River under our belt and seeing how many Okies and Texans vacation up there with their ATV/SxS i made a comment to my wife and her dad about once we move to OK we all by some SxS and use the trailer to tow up to Red River, Southern CO, and SOuthern UT to do some adventures. THey thought it was a fine idea. Luckily my wife is fully on board with a large 5th wheel toy hauler too. I'll definately find more use for the cargo trailer once in OK.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to the radio the other day; a Vince Gill song came on and a couple lines got me thinking.

Oh my mama tried to warn me he's done time in California
But he'll be an Okie til his dyin' day

There's some kind of Oklahoma-California connection that goes back a long time that I don't fully understand.
My grandparents moved to CA for work in the 50's then back to OK in the 60's. I've heard many other examples of OK to CA moves and CA to OK moves.
What is the connection?

Latest posts

Top Bottom