It's on!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will allow the 5.45mm rifles. They will just have to wear a skirt while shooting! :)

M

You won't be making anyone wear a skirt when you see how tacticool this rifle is. I have 2 lasers, green & red. 4 flashlights, one for front, rear, left , and right. A vertical grip, monopod, & bipod. A single point and 3 point sling. 15 position adjustable stock. Octagonal full length rail. Eotech, with a back up aimpont which is backed up by pop up irons. I also have a 3x & 4x magnifiers run in series so I can go up to 7x power for those targets out to 50+ yards. I'm running a .05lbs trigger so that all I have to do is blink to fire. All this and it only weighs a mear 4lbs with my modified 250 round coupled beta mags.
Come to think of it, I'm gonna let my buddy run my Firebird gun and Im gonna run this thing. This isn't even gonna be fair.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that would be?

Point being that I am not going to make someone shoot a 308 and a pump in tactical because they have an XD 45 versus a singlestack. I, like most people think there is no real advantage to shooting a plastic 45 over a traditional.

You know, my fat tapered mag is 1 x 10 ^ (- infinity) seconds faster than your single stack mag. You haven't forgotten that already, have you?

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't be making anyone wear a skirt when you see how tacticool this rifle is. I have 2 lasers, green & red. 4 flashlights, one for front, rear, left , and right. A vertical grip, monopod, & bipod. A single point and 3 point sling. 15 position adjustable stock. Octagonal full length rail. Eotech, with a back up aimpont which is backed up by pop up irons. I also have a 3x & 4x magnifiers run in series so I can go up to 7x power for those targets out to 50+ yards. I'm running a .05lbs trigger so that all I have to do is blink to fire. All this and it only weighs a mear 4lbs with my modified 250 round coupled beta mags.
Come to think of it, I'm gonna let my buddy run my Firebird gun and Im gonna run this thing. This isn't even gonna be fair.

This post is worthless without pics! :laughup:

Slim McShanishy

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a vision of many more FedEX deliveries with this new pastime! IPSC & ICORE have been loads of fun, this surely will be also. How many of you guys are over 45?

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
Ok, I've read this post a couple times, just to make sure I'm not asking questions that have already been asked. So, here goes.....

How many mags do I need for my 1911 to compete?

How many for the AR?

I have a Remington 870 Express with Rem-chokes, will that work? If so, what choke should I use for the bird shot? I have to use the improved cylinder for the slug, so does that mean that's what I'll use for bird shot?

Do I need some sort of speed loader for the shotty, or an extension tube or some type of side saddle shell holder?

Is a military tactical vest (FLC) allowed to be used for AR mag retention?

I'm sure there are more questions I will have, and since I'm a noob to t3 gun, I'm sure I will screw something up and have to rely on some generous guys to loan me a piece of gear or two.

Anyway, let me know what you think, I really want to do this and I hope to bring a friend or two.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See answers below. I too will have extra shell holders, AR Mag holders, pistol mag holders, I'm bringing both shotguns, ARs and at least one extra pistol in case someone needs gear to shoot. I just started this highly addictive sport 3 weeks ago. I reall want us to have enough shooters at the match so we can do this thing every month. Waiting 2-3 months between matches and then having to travel 2-8 hours to get to one SUCKS!

Ok, I've read this post a couple times, just to make sure I'm not asking questions that have already been asked. So, here goes.....

How many mags do I need for my 1911 to compete? 4-5

How many for the AR? 2

I have a Remington 870 Express with Rem-chokes, will that work? If so, what choke should I use for the bird shot? I have to use the improved cylinder for the slug, so does that mean that's what I'll use for bird shot? rub a Modified, Light Modified, or Improved Modified for slugs and shot

Do I need some sort of speed loader for the shotty, or an extension tube or some type of side saddle shell holder? You will be at a disadvantage if you don't have the ability to hold 9 in your gun at the start so an extension tube is helpful. Most guys load out of a shell holder on their belt or a side saddle. Choate or California competition works makes some good shell holders for your belt.

Is a military tactical vest (FLC) allowed to be used for AR mag retention? Yes

I'm sure there are more questions I will have, and since I'm a noob to t3 gun, I'm sure I will screw something up and have to rely on some generous guys to loan me a piece of gear or two.

Anyway, let me know what you think, I really want to do this and I hope to bring a friend or two.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks Jesse. The only thing I can add to that is to come out no matter what gear you have. I and a couple of the other staff are shooting early so we can help out if you want to try shell holders or anything else. Heck, I shot my first one with my dove hunting vest and shells in my pockets. We want as many people to come out as we can get. I could care less if it takes someone 10 minutes to shoot a stage. I promise you will have a smile on your face the whole time you are shooting these stages..

Latest posts

Top Bottom