It's time for change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailbender_jr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
These homemade tumblers have my interest. Right now, I'm using a frankford vibrating tumbler with walnut media. It's cheap and works well for straight-walled brass. However, I just recently swapped out my circa 1976 garage door opener with a new one. The old headunit still works and is just begging to be turned into a rotary tumbler. It's already slow like a tumbler needs and maybe I could re-use an old bicycle sprocket to slow it down a bit more.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I gotta tell you guys. My wife saw me lamenting over my broken Ice-cream maker (yes, that was apparently a pittiful site for her to behold) so last night she brings me a box, wrapped in the most gawdawful Christma wrapping (it's a running joke in our family) and hands it to me. I asked her why she was giving me a present and her response was "do you want me to take it back?" I shook my head vigorously side to side. "Then shut up and open it!"

Inside was a Harbor Freight vibratory tumbler.

Gal dang it I love that woman!

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man i do not know about you guys sometimes.
All Women HAVE MOTIVES.
So i guess you are back in the dry media game.

I did 2 batches of brass this morning.. a bunch of 243 and 30-06 mixed together , then some .308 and 45acp mixed together.
Drying is no big deal for my wet brass..
I have plenty of time and brass. just lay it out on a towel..of course i hot water rinse it first, dry the next day .
On hot sunny days i lay it on the back porch or in the bed of my truck or on the hood on a towel to dry, usually only a couple hours and it is dry.
I have put the brass on top of the wood stove in the winter.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
My homemade wet tumbler. I can tumble 10# of brass with 10# of pins.

T10.jpg

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot where Tim bought them, but the brass pins we sold at H&H when I was there were actually rods. The guys would cut them with snips.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot where Tim bought them, but the brass pins we sold at H&H when I was there were actually rods. The guys would cut them with snips.

Hoov, that sounds like TIG filler rod, it comes in many different diameters. Being a TIG welder, I buy the pins and use the rod for what it is designed for.. If I was going to make pins out of TIG rod, I'd want an automated shear to cut it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom