I've created a monster...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About a year or so ago, I gave my oldest grandson (he's 13) his very first EDC kit. It consisted of a Zero Feud CUP pouch in OD green, a gray Leatherman Juice, an Olight i3e flashlight in ODgreen, a GondekEDC hank in Minecraft pattern and a Spyderco Tenacious in, yes, OD green. The kid loves OD green. I wonder where he got that from? :scratch: Anyway, he's carried it practically religiously just like I taught him. But he can't tote a knife to school. Bastards! :pissed:

Well, he's went to the extreme. He's found out that people make vast amounts of deniro filming on YouTube, so now he wants to be a YouTuber and carries a backpack with a tripod and some other EDC items inside.

This morning, my daughter and SIL want to take the boys to downtown Eureka Springs to see the old town. They are walking out the door and Eli has his backpack on. He and his mother get into it. I kinda went like...

Why do you need that backpack?
I dunno?
What's in it?
I dunno
What do you mean 'I dunno'
I dunno

And it just went on and on! :blahblah:

Anyways, the four of them just left, without the backpack. I've tried to tell this kid that less is more, but I might as well be talking to a door.

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 7yo stepdaughter is about the same way if she is going somewhere for more than a hour she wants to pack everything in the house in a backpack to take with her and when you ask whats in it shes like i dont know just stuff i might need. But i can kinda understand why she does it cause she was moved from place to place before we got her so she wanted to make sure she has everything in case she doesnt come back.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Do not envy you at all. You do realize you are gonna have to come back home to get some peace and quiet, right?? 😉🤣🤣

Stay strong! You can do it! 😉😘

We've got one more night. Checkout is 10am tomorrow. I'm way out of my comfort zone. And yeah, I've gotta get away from these peeps! :scream:

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG I hate my backpack with a passion. Okay so I only motorcycle. Just before the pandemic the local meth/crackheads stole almost everything out of my saddlebags, what they didn't steal they came back two days later and got. They really didn't get much of value, mostly tools I picked up along the side of the road. But I can't keep anything of value in them anymore. So I have to carry to work my non-slip restaurant shoes. My battery gives me random problems I can usually tell when it is getting low and swap it out the with another battery. So now I have an emergency jumper and air inflator, basic tools. On the good side I also carry extra socks, a pair of glasses and a spare lighter. I found out that my roadside assistance works great during daylight hours, late night or early morning not so great. Plus if there is a chance of rain I have to lug some rain gear with me that day also. I bungee cord it to my back half of the seat. It is like a ball and chain to me. But you know that is just me.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should never say this- I know all about bites in the b- but my 17-year-old is totally up front and honest- I have no idea why she is so honest but I'm dam proud of her. It's her senior year and she wants to go to OU so bad- lucky me and mom have her talked into Jr College here in
El Reno for a couple years and I told her she still couldn't go if she doesn't toughen up with self-defense/awareness training. I have explained to her that with my 40 years as a traveling salesman, there are a lot of bad actors out there and got to be ready.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kids sounds like someone else….

My g’sons all wrestle among other sports. They have all gone through the same process. Go to a wrestling tournament and realized they forgot something. They’ve all ended up in the same place. Big azz backpacks loaded with everything they need (including tournaments) through all 3 wrestling seasons crammed in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom