I've got a lot more experience at fast work than JMB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for a fact. He was a great idea guy, and a fine slowfire rifle shot, but that's all. His idea of a .45 auto, the model 1905 was a disaster. Fragile, no safety lock, complicated piece of crap. It took a lot of r and D, by people who really DID know gunplay, to create the 1911. and until the 1911 got bigger sights, trigger stop, beavertail grip safety, stippled frame straps, ramped barrels, enlarged ejection port, it was/is a clunk. For ccw, it needs the Commander slide group and alloy frame, too.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for a fact. He was a great idea guy, and a fine slowfire rifle shot, but that's all. His idea of a .45 auto, the model 1905 was a disaster. Fragile, no safety lock, complicated piece of crap. It took a lot of r and D, by people who really DID know gunplay, to create the 1911. and until the 1911 got bigger sights, trigger stop, beavertail grip safety, stippled frame straps, ramped barrels, enlarged ejection port, it was/is a clunk. For ccw, it needs the Commander slide group and alloy frame, too.

Gecko 45, is that you?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

dude, go out back and punch the **** out of yourself

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
neither of them does. I've shot in over 150 combat matches, 2 of them being world championships. I've carried concealed, mostly without a permit, for decades, much of it with a gov't model, more with a LWC .45. I've shot hundreds of animals with ccw guns and loads. I've had a shooting timer since 1978. JMB could have done almost none of those things.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
neither of them does. I've shot in over 150 combat matches, 2 of them being world championships. I've carried concealed, mostly without a permit, for decades, much of it with a gov't model, more with a LWC .45. I've shot hundreds of animals with ccw guns and loads. I've had a shooting timer since 1978. JMB could have done almost none of those things.
legendary

Latest posts

Top Bottom