iwb impossible for big boys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get somethinng flatter than a revolver. Kahr PM 9's are good. GLOCK 23, but tends to pull at the front of the waist. Actually on the hip, OWB, is one of the best ways to carry because the hip holds the gun up a bit (doesn't sink down into your flesh and doesn't poke you when your driving). 1.5 inch heavy duty belt works nicely.

farrelltravis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am pretty overweight and have some of the same problems. I have found that a SmartCarry holster works out great no matter what you wear. It is the least comfortable while setting. It is not bad sitting, but if you were driving all day or were sitting, say at a desk, all day I might choose something different.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 6'3'' and weigh 300lbs. The last 5 years or so I have carried a S&W 638 in a Don Hume IWB at 3:30 with no problems. Before that and still occasionally a Glock 17 in a Ted Blocker IWB at 3:30. A stiff, wide belt and pants with an extra inch or two in the waist are helpful.

I really would like to appendix carry my J-frame but my belly rolls the gun butt out while sitting and feels real unstable.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FIST #K9 ultra thin kydex is awesome.
Best holster I've found for a fat boy (yes, I'm definitely in the club).
A longer barrel will help as it will prevent the grip from being "pushed out".

Latest posts

Top Bottom