Jack is here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksimonton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Jack Simonton from SC, join to this forum and glad to be a part of this forum. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and want to learn something more about the safety accessories of shooting.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome and always remember that the most important safety accessories is a working brain. I do not know how much experience with firearms you have had so I will just tell you what I tell new shooters and gun owners.

A firearm can not kill on it's own, it takes a person behind it either being a real hunter, protecting yourself, law enforcement, solider, stupid or evil.
A gun is not a toy even if you can have a ton of fun with one target shooting, etc. It is a tool designed to protection and hunting.
A gun is not going to make you an action hero, if you think it will, it may make you dead.
Respect all firearms as if they can kill you on their own. They can not but if you treat every firearm like a loaded weapon capable of hurting you or yours, you have much less chance of it happening.

All that said, the most important real safety accessories that you can buy are good shooting glasses and ear protection. Everything else is pretty much a gimmick to make anti-gun people feel good about themselves.

Remember, don't be this guy.

redneck.jpg

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA. There are some great folks here, ready to answer questions, ready to help in whatever way they can, ready to laugh, ready to pray, and ready to cry with you if necessary.

Join in all the conversations, and feel at home.

We are glad to have you here.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wazzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?

Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid keyboard... :drunk2: