James Bond Walther PP sells for a quarter million

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't know that Sean Connery made his debut with the longer PP model (not PPK).
I thought maybe an OSA member was on the phone bidding hot and heavy -- but the gun was "deactivated" (unless we've got a real Walther fan with the knowledge and spare parts to re-activate it).

"The pistol wielded by the late Sir Sean Connery in his debut as James Bond in 1962 sold for $256,000 at an auction Wednesday.
The Walther PP handgun, which alongside the smaller Walther PPK, has helped define the British spy's image in books, films, and other media for the past nearly six decades. Connery used the weapon, deactivated, throughout the first 007 film, Dr. No.
...The winning bidder, who wishes to remain anonymous, “was an American who has seen every James Bond movie with their children,” according to a spokesperson for Julien’s Auctions, which featured the handgun at its sale of Hollywood memorabilia Wednesday both live in Beverly Hills and on its digital platform.
The auction house declined to disclose the identity of the seller of the pistol.
Other highlights of the 500-lot sale is a fighter pilot helmet used by Tom Cruise in the 1980s classic action film Top Gun, which fetched $108,000; and a stunt Katana sword used by Bruce Willis as his character Butch Coolidge in the 1994 film Pulp Fiction, which sold for $35,200, 35 times its original estimate of $1,500."
https://www.barrons.com/articles/a-...james-bond-debut-sold-for-256-000-01607115783

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to M, 007 was carrying "that damned Beretta again" in Dr. No. I just watched it again last night on Youtube.
M thwarted 007's attempt to regain his Beretta with a sleight-of-hand but was caught in the attempt. Bond then gave the Walther's wooden box to Moneypenny when he leaves.

And it was a Walther PPK 9mm not a PP

Researching the damned Beretta is either a Beretta 418 .25 ACP or a 950 Jetfire. One uuuuugly gun.

bg059-beretta-950-jetfire-636.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I"d give you 5 of those Berettas in .25ACP in for 1 REAL Wather PPK proofed from either Ulm or Mulhouse chambered in 7.65mm.

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to M, 007 was carrying "that damned Beretta again" in Dr. No. I just watched it again last night on Youtube.
M thwarted 007's attempt to regain his Beretta with a sleight-of-hand but was caught in the attempt. Bond then gave the Walther's wooden box to Moneypenny when he leaves.

And it was a Walther PPK 9mm not a PP

Researching the damned Beretta is either a Beretta 418 .25 ACP or a 950 Jetfire. One uuuuugly gun.

bg059-beretta-950-jetfire-636.jpg
In one of the James Bond books (forget which one) it was a Walther in 7.65mm.
And that Beretta is not very attractive looking to me (but neither is a Glock or a SIG [especially homely]) but they're for business purposes after all.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't know that Sean Connery made his debut with the longer PP model (not PPK).
I thought maybe an OSA member was on the phone bidding hot and heavy -- but the gun was "deactivated" (unless we've got a real Walther fan with the knowledge and spare parts to re-activate it).

....Rumor has it that we do.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Researching the damned Beretta is either a Beretta 418 .25 ACP or a 950 Jetfire.
According to the Internet Movie Firearms Database, the Beretta Bond gave up in the movie version of Dr. No was a Model 1935 in .32 ACP. In the novel, it was the 418. An interesting side note is that the incident that forced Bond to give up his Beretta occurred in From Russia With Love, which was before Dr. No in the order that Fleming wrote the novels. The movie series flipped the order.

Latest posts

Top Bottom