jerky drier.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife was given this big propane smoker.
It lacked the heat needed for me since I am used to wood or charcoal.

I modified it yesterday to dry my jerky.
I removed the racks and wove 80 LB mono fishing line between the rack holders and hung my jerky on the line to dry.

No propane used.
I took a small $20 space heater and placed it inside on the floor and covered the top fit foil so meat drippings stayed off of it.

It gets to 80 on low heat and 110 on high heat.
Worked well.

But the jerky hung on the lines would be damp in the middle where the 2 halfs were touching each other.
So next round I will weave more 80 LB Mono and lay them flat.

Yea I could buy racks made from steel but this is a budget minded deal.

I was using an aluminum box before and hanging the meat from wood skewer sticks on a ledge in the aluminum box and let the heater blow into the box.
I have also used a long grill/smoker I made and made jerky in it with a small space heater.

Some jerky still hanging as it is not quite done in the middle where the sides touched.

Pitctur fo splanin :)

001.JPG

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried 9 different dehydrators buddy has 8 and I had 1.
I like the larger area to dry and more air better than any dehydrators i tried.. they were all counter top types.
I have 2 incubators also because I loaned a buddy one and he misplaced it and a week after I bought a new one he found my old one :)

Or is it he has one and I have one now ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom