June Practical Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry for the late notice.
This Saturday, June 6, is the regularly scheduled Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capital. Sign in will begin at 0900, walk through will commence at 1000 and we should be runnin and gunnin by 1030. Cost is $12 for non-Oil Capital members. Round count will be around 65 for rifle, @ 20 for ppistol total. Plan on shooting 5 stages with 2 using both rifle and pistol.
I plan on having at least 1 stage to pay our respects to our veterans and D-Day.
If you haven't attended one of these yet, you are missing a lot of fun and some great people. Many people consider their rifles as their primary home defense weapon, but never practice in simulated scenarios requiring mag changes, right and left shoulder shooting, standing kneeling, shooting while on the move, etc. We do all these things and more in a safe, friendly, and comfortable setting.
Come out this Saturday, bring a friend and have a lot of fun!
Dave

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before, but what type of ammo? I will be running an AR in 223/5.56 and 9mm in handgun.
Thanks,
EFsDad

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before, but what type of ammo? I will be running an AR in 223/5.56 and 9mm in handgun.
Thanks,
EFsDad

I believe that any standard type ammo will work just fine. I run regular FMJ ammo. Lot's of people, including myself, runs our own reloads too.

I got a new .223 upper and am now on the fence about running it or the 9mm I usualy run. lol... Quiet or LOUD, I'm torn.

LOUD...
ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_photo_55.jpg

or quiet...
ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_photo_47.jpg

dhomoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks. I am running the Garand in honor of our men who fought and died on D-Day. I can think of no better tribute in their honor than to shoot their weapon and exercise the liberties and freedoms they died for.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm bringing my M1A, that's as close as I can come. I'd bring a Garand but I haven't got one yet. I may have to bum a sling from someone though.

This is all provided that I get to make it that is, but I'm planning on it at the moment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom