Just bought my first AR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted something for the occasional range trip and for self / home defense so I didn't see the need in spending a whole lot of $$$ for a high dollar AR.

This morning I purchased a brand new Smith & Wesson M & P 15 Sport II for $699.99 + tax......the barrel is a 1 in 9 twist and it came with one 30 round Magpul and the only spare mags they had in the store are made by Mission First and with me not knowing the quality MF mags I just picked up one 30 rounder for $10.00.

I'll reload for it when I get some bullets but right now I don't have any 5.56 / .223 factory ammo and there is none in town so I can't even fire go it. :cry11:

Anybody on here local that can sell me three or four 20 round boxes ?

m&p.jpg

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I just wanted something for the occasional range trip and for self / home defense so I didn't see the need in spending a whole lot of $$$ for a high dollar AR.

This morning I purchased a brand new Smith & Wesson M & P 15 Sport II for $699.99 + tax......the barrel is a 1 in 9 twist and it came with one 30 round Magpul and the only spare mags they had in the store are made by Mission First and with me not knowing the quality MF mags I just picked up one 30 rounder for $10.00.

I'll reload for it when I get some bullets but right now I don't have any 5.56 / .223 factory ammo and there is none in town so I can't even fire go it. :cry11:

Anybody local that can part with three or four 20 round boxes ?

View attachment 174222
Nice gun for a first AR.

Unfortunately there is even a bigger demand for ammo than firearms right now. If you do find some 223/5.56 it will most likely cost you around $.50/round or more.

Good luck!

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Solid first choice. MFT seem ok, but the standard go to seems to be the Pmag, gen 2 or 3. That’s what I’ve standardized on.

Good luck on ammo.

I’m curious though, in a genuine way, a Vietnam vet and this is just now your first AR? Interesting and curious. Thank you for your service!

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom