Just Called USSA and WOW!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bow u get the hint, spend a lot of money to shoot with ussa if I want to shoot...

So side anyone know where I can shoot my full auto around tulsa with out being a member?
Give Tulsa firearms a call. (joking) Good luck and dont guess I will see you at the range. USSA benifits it members more than any other range out there. You get what you pay for. Seems like 2 kinda peolple here. Those that hate USSA and those that have been there and had great experances. They did not hire me for my spelling.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
That's just it. I only shot about one time in six months. When I worked at Medlocks I would take the gun in the range and run a few mags in the gun.

Now when I was at ussa with my friend that is a member, he did not do the auto class.

Bow u get the hint, spend a lot of money to shoot with ussa if I want to shoot...

So side anyone know where I can shoot my full auto around tulsa with out being a member?

If your friend didnt take the class then someone screwed up by allowing it. I will make sure that everyone knows the rules and that your situation doest happen again.
If you shoot one time every 6 months then I see what your saying. We cater to the other end on the shooter spectrum. Thats why the contracts are designed the way they are.
I dont know of anywhere off the top of my head that allows the NFA weapons without a membership. I am sure there is a place. Red Castle might be your best choice but then again, you have to pay it all up front instead of monthly.Kinda expensive if you only shoot twice a year.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last I knew red castle only allowed full auto on the plinking range, mind you it's been several years. You were restricted to basically a static firing range with no dynamic movement oppurtunity.

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm seriously considering joining myself. When I moved back to OK a couple years ago I balked at the $20 or so range fees on top of a membership fee I was seeing at some places. When I was in vegas I could shoot at any indoor range for about $10, no membership required for pistol. For rifle and "other stuff" we went to the desert.

However, USSA is a whole different animal. Granted, no indoor shooting (from what I can tell) which sucks for the winter time, but the vast array of other shooting options and training courses definitely make it a stand out in my eye. The chance to do rapid fire, moving targets, etc. is quite compelling.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give Tulsa firearms a call. (joking) Good luck and dont guess I will see you at the range. USSA benifits it members more than any other range out there. You get what you pay for. Seems like 2 kinda peolple here. Those that hate USSA and those that have been there and had great experances. They did not hire me for my spelling.

I do not hate USSA. I been to USSA a few times (WITH MY FULL AUTO) and I like it. Its very nice. What I do not like is now if I go to the range, I got to pay them $125.00 for them to tell me how to shoot MY GUN!!!

I been started shooting Full Autos back in 1993 and I am not new to it at all. I do understand safety is a big deal and I am not asking to do something un-safe!! I do not mind if they send someone to a bay to make sure what I am doing is safe. I just will not pay $125.00 for them to do that for me. I have talked with members that been certified on Full Auto guns at USSA and the guys told me it only took 10 to 15 min. and it was it.

I have also looked into becoming a member, but tell I make a bit more money $30.00 a month for 3 years is more then I can pay right now only go shooting 2 maybe 3 times a year. (with Full Auto)

Now once I get a re-loader and have more income then I will become a member.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the OSA full auto shoot with a buddy last year. I had never touched a full auto before that. I for one am glad USSA takes a stand in this area. If you can afford a Full Auto and the ammo that goes with it, you should be able to afford the 30 bucks a month or the 125 to get certified.

It all comes down to two choices.

1) Their range= their rules.

2) Your Full Auto= your choice if you follow their rules.

Don't like it? Pay the monthly fee and get certified.

I wonder how many dudes have gone home with an STD because the girl said "don't worry, I'm safe" Trust no one when it comes to your life and the life of others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lurkerinthewoods, Did I say I want them to trust that I say I know what I am doing???

That's pretty much what you said in a "round about way". I could care less either way. You posted your gripe on a public forum and I replied with my thoughts. That's how these "forum thingys" work. :rolleyes2

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
NOT I did not, I said I do not mind if someone form USSA comes out to a bay to make sure of what I am doing and to see its safe. I did not go in and say I am sfe, give me a bay to shoot in!! I shoot full Auto at USSA before and now they say NO! Now I do not think that was right of you saying if I got Full Auto I got all the money to pay for anything... I had to save up for the gun I save up for the ammo, and I do not shoot it that offten, that is why I am not a member. Yes one day I hope to have money like you make it sound.....

Well.. Excuse me. :hithead:

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
I do not hate USSA. I been to USSA a few times (WITH MY FULL AUTO) and I like it. Its very nice. What I do not like is now if I go to the range, I got to pay them $125.00 for them to tell me how to shoot MY GUN!!!

I been started shooting Full Autos back in 1993 and I am not new to it at all. I do understand safety is a big deal and I am not asking to do something un-safe!! I do not mind if they send someone to a bay to make sure what I am doing is safe. I just will not pay $125.00 for them to do that for me. I have talked with members that been certified on Full Auto guns at USSA and the guys told me it only took 10 to 15 min. and it was it.

I have also looked into becoming a member, but tell I make a bit more money $30.00 a month for 3 years is more then I can pay right now only go shooting 2 maybe 3 times a year. (with Full Auto)

Now once I get a re-loader and have more income then I will become a member.

I understand what your saying. I wouldnt pay $125 for an auto certification. It should be free for members and guest or not offered to guest and free for members. I hope I can come back with good news for you. Either way let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I try to stay active on this board but it seems like every time I go to the site it is down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom