Just Called USSA and WOW!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I am the Membership Coordinator here at USSA. This discussion was brought to my attention and I thought maybe I should chime in and try to speak to the group on behalf of the Academy.
1. Just for clarification, guests of full-auto certified members are not authorized to shoot full-auto weapons at USSA.
2. If a shooter wanted to purchase a day pass and a Personal Training Session (2-hr minimum) to be full-auto certified, we would allow them to, and the full-auto certification would remain valid indefinitely. However, we would advise against this path because it is not financially beneficial for the customer since purchasing any of our memberships (coupon book or trigger time) would allow that customer to shoot more often, and they would receive a free full-auto certification (assuming they have the prerequisite skill).
3. Our Trigger Time Membership is available for 1, 2 and 3-year contracts. You do not have to have a full 3-year contract to be a member, however, the longer the contract the lower your monthly payment will be.
If you have any more questions about using the range, I welcome you to call me or come visit with me about it. I work Tuesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thanks and I look forward to meeting all of you in the near future!

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I am the Membership Coordinator here at USSA. This discussion was brought to my attention and I thought maybe I should chime in and try to speak to the group on behalf of the Academy.
1. Just for clarification, guests of full-auto certified members are not authorized to shoot full-auto weapons at USSA.
2. If a shooter wanted to purchase a day pass and a Personal Training Session (2-hr minimum) to be full-auto certified, we would allow them to, and the full-auto certification would remain valid indefinitely. However, we would advise against this path because it is not financially beneficial for the customer since purchasing any of our memberships (coupon book or trigger time) would allow that customer to shoot more often, and they would receive a free full-auto certification (assuming they have the prerequisite skill).
3. Our Trigger Time Membership is available for 1, 2 and 3-year contracts. You do not have to have a full 3-year contract to be a member, however, the longer the contract the lower your monthly payment will be.
If you have any more questions about using the range, I welcome you to call me or come visit with me about it. I work Tuesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Do you have a name?

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello,

So your saying if I get a membership, and I bring my Full Auto with me, and a friend, I can not let my friend shoot it???

A guest would be the responsibility of the member so I can see why it worked before.

Just saying what if a few guys I work with want to come to the range and shoot my gun to see how it is? They are not going to want to pay the $125.00 to shoot the gun....

Or my dad,,, he has not been shooting in about 10 years. I got him a rifle he wanted and I will bring him out with me one time and he wants to try my Full Auto,,, so he will not be able to shoot it???

Now I will go ahead and become a member if I know my guest can shoot my full auto without paying the $125.00 fee.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ColtDogg, all:
You’re asking some great questions, so I will try to address your questions, and also please feel free to contact me directly. My name is Linda Davis (oops, sorry I forgot to post that last time), and I can be reached at 866-441-8772, ext 112.
1. Shooting a fully automatic weapon on USSA’s range requires check-off. The reason for this is simply that fully automatic weapons offer more risk in the possibility of climbing during recoil and allowing a round to leave the range and potentially harm someone. We feel all weapons should be accompanied by good training, and fully automatic weapons require a certain amount of skill to shoot safely. Our check-off process is not a class, but simply an assessment of skill. If a member demonstrates that they have the skill to stay safe, they are checked off!
2. Guests of members are not allowed to shoot fully automatic weapons unless they go through the check off process. This process is free for members because they are a paying member. The process for a guest of a member is to simply pay for the instructor time required for the check off (this could range $50-125 depending on their skill). We offer our guest program to our members so they can share our range with their family or friends, but we hesitate to place the responsibility on a members shoulder to ensure the range is safe which is why their guest must go through the same check off process that they did. Even our instructors have to go through a certification process before we give them that level of responsibility.
3. Another great option to a guest of a member to shoot is to simply get a membership at USSA, for full access to the range and a free check-off for full automatic firearms as well as dynamic use of the range (we are one of the only ranges in the country with stages set up that members can “run and gun” on). This would be as low as about $30 (estimated) to get started.
This forum string has allowed USSA to scrutinize this portion of our policy, and I thank the forum posters for that. The USSA membership program was built for the members, with the members leading the way by helping us continually look at our program and rules and improving them as necessary. I would certainly request the opportunity to serve you as USSA’s membership coordinator, and ensure we give our current and future members the best range and program we can. In closing, I really hope this answers your questions.

Respectfully,
Linda Davis

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, as a USSA member, I take comfort in their policy.

Top notch facility, great staff, great experiences every time I go.

Now that the weather is warming up, I'll be out there more often :)

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that the weather is warming up, I'll be out there more often :)

Why wait, LOL. I do believe the stance of the guy that went over our membership papers when we signed up said he goes by the slogan "bad guys dont wait for nice weather" & that he trains in the rain & snow cause you never know, LOL.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why wait, LOL. I do believe the stance of the guy that went over our membership papers when we signed up said he goes by the slogan "bad guys dont wait for nice weather" & that he trains in the rain & snow cause you never know, LOL.

True, lol

Had a pretty huge financial hit too a/b 8 months ago... just now recovering from it finally. Took a lot of hard work, but things are looking up again. I can actually afford ammo again lol! For a while there I thought I might have to "pause" my membership, but then the whole fiasco w/ the previous owner... I didn't want to "jump ship". Worked out fine after all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom