Just Called USSA and WOW!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xunan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somehow I manged to read all the replys to this post and decided to add my two cents. Personally Colt sounds like he knows how to handle a firearm but I think has to realize he shares the range with other members who dont know who he is. If officials at ussa have placed their stamp of approval on him to shoot full auto it makes everyone more at ease to know that if ussa says hes safe then he must be...safe.... But if you show up with a different friend every week and then your Dad who hasnt shot in how long? and start firing a full auto then other people get nervous. Thats bad for safety and bad for business.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can afford a Full Auto and the ammo that goes with it, you should be able to afford the 30 bucks a month or the 125 to get certified.

Thats what I was thinking too. I shoot matches all over the country and USSA is one of if not the best facility out there. To think you can go and shoot there at all without being a member is awesome. We are lucky to have a facility like it here in OK.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking too. I shoot matches all over the country and USSA is one of if not the best facility out there. To think you can go and shoot there at all without being a member is awesome. We are lucky to have a facility like it here in OK.

I thought that too, until i spoke with ColtDog via PM and realized "life's circumstances" can throw you a curve ball.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hey, Jes. Not all of us are wealthy like you! Seriously, that is kinda an elitist attitude, don't you think? I personally know JB (Coltdogg) and can tell you that he is not just bitching and being cheap. Like many others, the past year or two have been hard, financially. Trust me, we had several discussions about "priorities" and the investment that a machine gun is these days. Bottom line, he made a lot of sacrifices to purchase that weapon, not just a rich boy with a new toy. As for USSA, they do have great facilities and cater to shooters such as yourself who do a lot of competition-shooting. His deal is that it was cool for a while when he wasn't a member and now feels like USSA is changing the rules midstream. You have to admit that it is suspect the way it went down. As for paying possibly $100 just for them to say it is ok for me to shoot a F/A, a process that their own instructor says takes 10 to 15 minutes, that's bull$hit car dealership tactics. I don't care how good their instruction is, it isn't worth a $500 an hr. Rate. Because at is what it translates to... That is, unless Todd Jarrett is the teacher! They just got called out trying to stick to a guy, that's all. Sounds like new ownership could do wonders for the place.

Bravo 3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, Jes. Not all of us are wealthy like you! Seriously, that is kinda an elitist attitude, don't you think? I personally know JB (Coltdogg) and can tell you that he is not just bitching and being cheap. Like many others, the past year or two have been hard, financially. Trust me, we had several discussions about "priorities" and the investment that a machine gun is these days. Bottom line, he made a lot of sacrifices to purchase that weapon, not just a rich boy with a new toy. As for USSA, they do have great facilities and cater to shooters such as yourself who do a lot of competition-shooting. His deal is that it was cool for a while when he wasn't a member and now feels like USSA is changing the rules midstream. You have to admit that it is suspect the way it went down. As for paying possibly $100 just for them to say it is ok for me to shoot a F/A, a process that their own instructor says takes 10 to 15 minutes, that's bull$hit car dealership tactics. I don't care how good their instruction is, it isn't worth a $500 an hr. Rate. Because at is what it translates to... That is, unless Todd Jarrett is the teacher! They just got called out trying to stick to a guy, that's all. Sounds like new ownership could do wonders for the place.

I have watched this thread and there needs to be some reality checks done.When Tom built USSA he said " I don't expect it to make a penny" and it pretty much didn't but a lot of people were employed and paid by him.
If you look at the web site and take the tour and then just take a WAG what it cost to build not even counting the land.
Tom built USSA with the idea of putting shooters on the same scale as pro golfers,tennis players,etc. which I thought was a dream considering the politics we have.
I don't know "Jes" and have no idea if he is wealthy but I do know Rob,Doug,Todd,Bruce and a lot of other "elitist" and all are sponsered by someone and none of them are in the fortune 500.
If $30 a month is too much (3 boxes of cheap 9mm) well I consider that a cheap hobby compared to others. I also have felt the pain of the last couple of years and have cut back on many things I hated to but thats just life.
The word,rumor is that an investment group has bought USSA and will probably pick someone to run it but unless they are just needing a tax write off they will expect it to make enough money to pay the debt and expenses.
My hunch is support it or lose it because you can bet there will be changes,what they will be only time will tell.
As far as JB there was probably a mess up on the front end or back end,I doubt USSA is trying to do any "used car" deal on him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom