Just Called USSA and WOW!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bravo 3, where is the reality? All I read is your opinion, and your right, you don't know those involved. You have chosen your side, congrats. BTW, if it happens once, I'd be inclined to agree with you about a front desk mess-up, but multiple times? I don't think so. As for the used car deal, it really doesn't have a thing to do ColtDogg, his "certification" will be included with his membership. It is anyone else who may want to come with him and shoot that are looking at raw deal. I actually agree with their rule of making sure a person can handle a FA weapon ok before they are allowed range time. My problem is gouging someone for it. A $100 plus for a ten minute check? THAT is the point... If they were to offer that "service" for $20 or so, I think that would be reasonable, don't you???

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to USSA a couple times, and was very impressed with their layout; their rates seem fair to me though I am not a member. Regarding their rule about FA fire, I can't blame them. In today's litigious-happy and firearms-ignorant society, the club would have its butt in a sling if some idiot lobbed a round or few over the berm during uncontrolled FA firing, and the rounds impacted somewhere significant. It's one thing for an unknown person to claim he/she has been shooting FA since Iraq/Vietnam/Korea/Normandy, but an entirely different manner to risk taking that person's word for it. Better to have a steep non-member certification fee than to have a bloodthirsty lawyer baying for a settlement many times the fee.

As it is, currently I make the lonnnng trip out to RC to enjoy their facilities, especially the 600-yard high-power range. If USSA had a rifle range that went out to at least 500 yards, I'd be looking more seriously at a membership.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bravo 3, where is the reality? All I read is your opinion, and your right, you don't know those involved. You have chosen your side, congrats. BTW, if it happens once, I'd be inclined to agree with you about a front desk mess-up, but multiple times? I don't think so. As for the used car deal, it really doesn't have a thing to do ColtDogg, his "certification" will be included with his membership. It is anyone else who may want to come with him and shoot that are looking at raw deal. I actually agree with their rule of making sure a person can handle a FA weapon ok before they are allowed range time. My problem is gouging someone for it. A $100 plus for a ten minute check? THAT is the point... If they were to offer that "service" for $20 or so, I think that would be reasonable, don't you???

It's not too terribly difficult... if you don't like their pricing, go elsewhere or don't shoot FA. Not trying to make anybody feel bad, but it is THAT simple. Don't pay for something you don't like.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not too terribly difficult... if you don't like their pricing, go elsewhere or don't shoot FA. Not trying to make anybody feel bad, but it is THAT simple. Don't pay for something you don't like.

AGAIN... it isnt a matter of understanding. I GET it. What I dont AGREE with is everyone trying to defend their actions as a "mistake the the front desk" or "new person who didnt know". The bottom line is they are trying to make a quick buck.... Nothing else.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AGAIN... it isnt a matter of understanding. I GET it. What I dont AGREE with is everyone trying to defend their actions as a "mistake the the front desk" or "new person who didnt know". The bottom line is they are trying to make a quick buck.... Nothing else.

:thumbup3:

Heaven forbid they turn a profit and keep their doors open.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Your wrong. If you call up we will still charge you $125 for non member certification. That's the cost of a 2hr personal training. Thats where that price came from. I wish we wouldn't allow non members. But if you want it bad enough. We can do it. Now we may change that. Who knows. I'm sure you will comment when and if we do..oh master of the internets.

COLTDOGG, come out and it's on me next time. I'll pm you details. Hope things start looking up for you.

Last edited:

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score

shooterdave, I have been a member since 2008, and it is obvious that membership has it's privileges, and NO i'm not rich, but if I save a buck a day on junk food that I typically purchase (that's not even a diet coke and a bag of pretzels) I break even. The math is not hard. It is a good deal.

Day passes for non-members was instituted later, and with it came rules to protect the business as well as members. Day Passes are for folks that choose not to buy a membership for whatever reason, but get to enjoy a portion of the facility. However, safety of participants is always of utmost concern and will be enforced and, if needed, verified. IMHO, still a good deal.

And regarding Personal Training costs, they have been set for as long as I've been a member. Do a little research and you'll find that to be true. This is actually pretty easy to verify.

USSA treats members, non-members, and trainees with utmost respect and I think that needs to be recognized. Unsupported "facts" are just not warranted.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Steve, I will comment if things change. I hope they do. As for the "master of the internets" comment... Really? Is that the best you could come up with? I think you need to go to the general discussions section and read the Internet tough guy section. Maybe you will pick up some catchy comebacks.. BTW, you say that is the fee for two hours of personal instruction, correct? If that is the case, OK. I'll go with that. What I have not seen you comment on is that ColtDogg was told that the "certification" would only take 15-20 minutes. Are you telling me that you are going to charge someone for two hours for something that only takes 10-20 minutes or are you saying that you are going to charge someone for two hours for instruction that takes two hours? There is a BIG difference, don't you think?

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Yes, Steve, I will comment if things change. I hope they do. As for the "master of the internets" comment... Really? Is that the best you could come up with? I think you need to go to the general discussions section and read the Internet tough guy section. Maybe you will pick up some catchy comebacks.. BTW, you say that is the fee for two hours of personal instruction, correct? If that is the case, OK. I'll go with that. What I have not seen you comment on is that ColtDogg was told that the "certification" would only take 15-20 minutes. Are you telling me that you are going to charge someone for two hours for something that only takes 10-20 minutes or are you saying that you are going to charge someone for two hours for instruction that takes two hours? There is a BIG difference, don't you think?

Its a two hour PT price. We have never done one for a non member. So its the only way (he) we new to price it. It only takes 15-20 min but you have me for 2 hours. We dont charge by the minute. The smallest personal training we do is 2hr. We dont really want to certify non members, so it works out fine. If you want to pay, ok. If you dont, ok. Again, we have never done this before. No non member has be certified. Thats why this hasnt been an issue up till now. But again, you are still wrong on your comment. Here it is again.
Originally Posted by shooterdave

As far as the "comeback" goes. I know how this board is. If I call someone a douche (even when they are) and I get a ban. You get the idea. Besides, calling some internet tough guy a douche bag doesn't look professional. Either way, I stay out of the GD section. I leave that for those who have way to much time on their hands and post more times a month than they shoot. I am in the gym 6 days a week, and at the range 5. Add my family time to that, plus matches I shoot and I am a busy guy. However, if you want to find me, you know where I work. I am there Wednesday through Sunday. Just ask for the guy with the beard.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can understand being caught off guard by a 2-hr minimum personal training which costs $125... but to harp on it repeatedly and try to make it seem as if USSA staff are trying to cheat people out of money to make a quick buck is beyond ridiculous. The fee has been explained. If someone wanted it, you'd be paying for 2 hours of training. If you only took advantage of 15-20 minutes of that 2 hours, that's on YOU.

Because of your attitude towards Steve/USSA, I assume you've never been out there. Since day 1 (several months ago) they've been nothing but down-to-earth, buddy-buddy folks who still cared about me AFTER I signed a contract. That speaks volumes to me. Just my .02 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom