Just finished "Ol' Blue"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished this 4 year project. 57 Chevy pickup, deluxe model, original 265 V8 with a 4 spd trans added. My grandfather (my moms dad) purchased this truck in 1970, so this has been in the family for 50 years.
When he was killed in an auto accident in 74, my grandma used this truck as her primary transportation for quite a few years until my uncle needed a vehicle to go to college. Then he got the truck.
Through some shrewd negotiations, my mom then took possession of 'Ol Blue & I began the restoration.
It still sports all its original trim, except for the bumpers, sheetmetal (except for the rust that cut out & replaced), original engine rear end with 4.11 gears. Painted back original color, upgraded electrical, all the good stuff.
Its been a fun project, & the only things I didn't or couldn't do was the machine work on the engine, the assymbly of the engine, & installing the windshield.
57 chevy 001.jpg
20200827_085904.jpg
20200827_085925.jpg

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished this 4 year project. 57 Chevy pickup, deluxe model, original 265 V8 with a 4 spd trans added. My grandfather (my moms dad) purchased this truck in 1970, so this has been in the family for 50 years.
When he was killed in an auto accident in 74, my grandma used this truck as her primary transportation for quite a few years until my uncle needed a vehicle to go to college. Then he got the truck.
Through some shrewd negotiations, my mom then took possession of 'Ol Blue & I began the restoration.
It still sports all its original trim, except for the bumpers, sheetmetal (except for the rust that cut out & replaced), original engine rear end with 4.11 gears. Painted back original color, upgraded electrical, all the good stuff.
Its been a fun project, & the only things I didn't or couldn't do was the machine work on the engine, the assymbly of the engine, & installing the windshield.View attachment 172476 View attachment 172480 View attachment 172483

Very pretty! Let's see under the hood and the interior please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom