Just heard the solution to police shootings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-4-23_14-0-10.jpeg

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This dopey idea & proposed removing qualified immunity will do wonders for police recruitment.

I feel bad for folks living in metropolitan areas, but maybe this is what is needed. People taken for granted how much law enforcement ensures their safety that they no longer even give them credit for it. The only way to cure a person that takes something for granted is to remind them how it was before. It'll be a rough ride, but much like raising a kid, the bumpy road is sometimes necessary to provide necessary growth to be a worthwhile adult.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quigley could easily bounce a shot off a rock. So I think ricocheting into ankle and shins for less than lethal measure would be easy enough with a little training, right?

Called indirect fire by the military. Shooting at objects that are not seen by the human eye.
It’s not real effective as most bullets disintegrate upon impact but one can certainly see the shrapnel impact in the ground around steel targets at the range. Some pretty big and deep.
Not as lethal as a direct hit, but I’m sure one would be distracted after being hit with those fragments.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quigley could easily bounce a shot off a rock. So I think ricocheting into ankle and shins for less than lethal measure would be easy enough with a little training, right?

In a number of Louis L'Amour western books, he speaks of encounters with enemies that are barricaded behind rocks. In those stories, he wrote of how badly damaged the enemies' bodies were after being hit by ricocheting bullets.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a number of Louis L'Amour western books, he speaks of encounters with enemies that are barricaded behind rocks. In those stories, he wrote of how badly damaged the enemies' bodies were after being hit by ricocheting bullets.

I remember an episode of Bonanza where Adam and a brother are shooting at a BG on a hill, Adam ricochets one off of the rocks and scratches one BG.

Latest posts

Top Bottom