Just moved to OK!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy Gringo. :wave:

Welcome to Oklahoma. We'll overlook the fact that you're a prune picker and accept you anyway. I've been here a LONG time and I've learned a couple of things.

Don't get the red ass over stupid posts, and absolutely DO NOT feed the trolls! :nono1:

Lol. I appreciate that you all are not quick to judge and allow asylum for transplants like myself. Trolls? Bring em on! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My entire family is leaving the state for many reasons but politics, cost of living, taxes and the insanity of it all are too much for people like me to tolerate. I'll be doing my part to ensure that OK never turns into CA. However, one person does not make a difference and the other side is extremely strategic and execute well towards a long term strategy of stripping rights. If people don't vote, Republican states will turn and freedoms will be lost.

Welcome to Oklahoma and OSA. As a former resident of California, you have the distinct opportunity to be a teacher to others around you as to how much freedom we have here compared to what Californians have. Your voice can be used to warn others and we welcome your ability to influence others that "might" think otherwise.

All that said, you also have a distinct opportunity since you've moved to a liberal community. They really need your voice over there.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate that and will make sure to tell the story and reiterate why political engagement is important. “Won’t happen here” does not work very well.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ponca City and Okc Gun Club were mentioned fur USPSA matches. USPSA is pretty strong in this area. Much more than IDPA. There are also matches in Tulsa at USSA and in Duncan at SCRAP. H&H has an indoor match that they started getting back in to the swing before CV19.

There are several other pistol matches in the state also. Tri-City does a Practical Pistol match, Wilshire does a small indoor Concealed Carry match. Bowling Pin Matches in Duncan. Big Boys has a very limited match from the holster. GSSF matches at Big Boy and Shawnee Outdoors.

Lots of options and opportunities.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see you are located in Norman. If interested in joining a gun club, Tri-City Gun Club is near you. I haven't been there but I'm sure others can speak to the quality of the club / ranges. I'm a member at OKC Gun Club in Arcadia. It's by far the best club / association I have ever belong to - great place to spend significant time each week exercising my toys.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see you are located in Norman. If interested in joining a gun club, Tri-City Gun Club is near you. I haven't been there but I'm sure others can speak to the quality of the club / ranges. I'm a member at OKC Gun Club in Arcadia. It's by far the best club / association I have ever belong to - great place to spend significant time each week exercising my toys.

I actually went by there about three weeks ago. They let me in and even invited me to shoot a skeet competition with them. Nice folks and club. I’ve heard great things about OKC gun club and would like to check it out when it opens.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually went by there about three weeks ago. They let me in and even invited me to shoot a skeet competition with them. Nice folks and club. I’ve heard great things about OKC gun club and would like to check it out when it opens.

That's great. I've heard they have a good club. Do you shoot Registered Skeet? If so, you are now talking my language.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OKC Gun Club is open, just not holding matches at this time. I'm not a member, but a friend and co-worker of mine is. I went as his guest last Saturday. Got some time in on the steel and bench ranges. I was supremely impressed with the facility, and will be looking to become a member. They hold a LOT of matches there during their normal schedule, so I'll be taking a look to see how that works out with my regular work schedule. Really cool facility though. Much bigger than I had originally thought.

60832581141--4FF9888D-7BF3-40AE-A2C8-9A76D1C63AB3.JPG
IMG-6860.jpg

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OKCGC is awesome. I keep saying I need to get a membership there. The downside is it is 45-60 minutes from me. TCGC is less than 15 minutes from me, so I deal with the limitations there. I’ve been a member there longer than I care to admit.

I do shoot matches at OKCGC. And I may become a member there to free up my ability to train. You know, that real scary stuff!! Like shooting from a holster, or even worse, from concealment. Or at steel from 10-15 yards. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom