Just moved to OK!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC Gun Club is open, just not holding matches at this time. I'm not a member, but a friend and co-worker of mine is. I went as his guest last Saturday. Got some time in on the steel and bench ranges. I was supremely impressed with the facility, and will be looking to become a member. They hold a LOT of matches there during their normal schedule, so I'll be taking a look to see how that works out with my regular work schedule. Really cool facility though. Much bigger than I had originally thought.

View attachment 159481 View attachment 159482
Holy smokes that looks awesome. Wow.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKCGC is awesome. I keep saying I need to get a membership there. The downside is it is 45-60 minutes from me. TCGC is less than 15 minutes from me, so I deal with the limitations there. I’ve been a member there longer than I care to admit.

I do shoot matches at OKCGC. And I may become a member there to free up my ability to train. You know, that real scary stuff!! Like shooting from a holster, or even worse, from concealment. Or at steel from 10-15 yards. :)
I'm in the exact same boat as you. You're in Moore, I'm in Newcastle. The only time I went to TCGC is to do the shooting portion of my CCW many many moons ago before Big Boys had their own range. I figured going out to OKC GC twice a month would make the membership worthwhile. It is definitely a little bit of a drive from where we are at.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the exact same boat as you. You're in Moore, I'm in Newcastle. The only time I went to TCGC is to do the shooting portion of my CCW many many moons ago before Big Boys had their own range. I figured going out to OKC GC twice a month would make the membership worthwhile. It is definitely a little bit of a drive from where we are at.

TCGC has made quite a few improvements the last 5 years.
I’m out there several times a month. Some times as often as 4-5 times a week.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I am new here, are there any outdoor ranges that do not require membership to shoot? Thanks

Fouled bore in Ninnekah. It is also the longest range I’m aware of around here. 1200y, I believe. (OKCGC has a 600 and 200 max at tri-city)

The wildlife management range in Lexington only requires a hunting license.

That’s all that I can think of fairly close.

Edit
Sear’s range near Banner road, Henry’s, but these are not typical outdoor ranges.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Outdoor ranges?? Without a membership around central OK, there are a few options.

• Sears Shooting Sports in El Reno - under new ownership - goes out to 100 yards.
  • Henry's Guns in Yukon. Never been there, but I believe it's a shorter range
  • Fouled Bore Precision in Ninnekah. If you want to shoot long range, this is the place. They have a pistol range as well. You can shoot at steel from 25 yards out to about a mile. They offer $30 all day passes and yearly memberships.
  • Lexington Wildlife Management Area shooting range - no fee, but must have an OK hunting license - $28/year and can buy right on your phone (download the Go Outdoors Oklahoma app on your phone for free to have a digital copy of your license on hand). Two ranges out there, both around 15 to 100 yards. Bring your own targets, staple gun, etc. and a good pair of boots!
There might be more, but these are the ranges that come to mind.

FYI - Wilshire Gun has a 100 yard indoor range (pricey though because it's all by the hour - 100 yard range is $30/hr if there's even a spot available. If you make a reservation, the rate is even higher.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outdoor ranges?? Without a membership around central OK, there are a few options.

• Sears Shooting Sports in El Reno - under new ownership - goes out to 100 yards.
  • Henry's Guns in Yukon. Never been there, but I believe it's a shorter range
  • Fouled Bore Precision in Ninnekah. If you want to shoot long range, this is the place. They have a pistol range as well. You can shoot at steel from 25 yards out to about a mile. They offer $30 all day passes and yearly memberships.
  • Lexington Wildlife Management Area shooting range - no fee, but must have an OK hunting license - $28/year and can buy right on your phone (download the Go Outdoors Oklahoma app on your phone for free to have a digital copy of your license on hand). Two ranges out there, both around 15 to 100 yards. Bring your own targets, staple gun, etc. and a good pair of boots!
There might be more, but these are the ranges that come to mind.

FYI - Wilshire Gun has a 100 yard indoor range (pricey though because it's all by the hour - 100 yard range is $30/hr if there's even a spot available. If you make a reservation, the rate is even higher.

Great info. Thanks!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aerial photo of OKCGC showing the ranges. It's 4-5 miles north of Arcadia if you want to zoom in with Google Earth.

OKCGC.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom