K&D T-Bird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone I've got a question.

I am going to see about getting my concealed carry and was wondering about the Thunderbird Defender.

Does this holster have the flap of leather that sits between you and the frame of the gun such as the back end of the slide to keep the gun from rubbing and from getting sweat on the gun.

I like the looks of this holster plus you can use as a IWB or OWB rig.

Thanks,
hunter966

ncaabbfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone I've got a question.

I am going to see about getting my concealed carry and was wondering about the Thunderbird Defender.

Does this holster have the flap of leather that sits between you and the frame of the gun such as the back end of the slide to keep the gun from rubbing and from getting sweat on the gun.

I like the looks of this holster plus you can use as a IWB or OWB rig.

Thanks,
hunter966

I have a K&D and I believe it is the Thunderbird Defender. My holster has the section of leather that goes between the gun and my skin so none of the gun is directly against my skin.

I recommend you contact Kevin at K&D and ask all your questions so you will know for sure about the holster for your gun. Also, I believe they have an option that you can get a moisture barrier built in the holster in some manner too so your sweat/skin oil doesn't soak into the leather and wind up contacting the surface of the gun.

Enjoy your K&D holster!!!

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The anti-sweat panel is what you are describing. It is an add-on to the Thunderbird and costs a little extra. You can see some pics of mine here. I really like this for an IWB holster. The OWB holes cant the gun forward more than I prefer but it is still nice to have the option especially when (not if) you break a clip and have to wait for a new one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom