K31 from Classic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it finally showed up. Almost three weeks after I ordered it and it being overdue by UPS for 6 days. Here she is, the final piece of the swiss collection, my K31. I paid extra for a handpick but I dont think I really got that. The pics will explain why.

Huge ding in the buttstock

Fresh crack in the stock

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ding in the butt stock notwithstanding, the stock is in better shape than many I've seen with "beaver-chewed" marks all over the lower areas of the stock. That crack is not good though! Will you be looking to return it, or will you repair it?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
does that crack appear fresh or does it look older? still awesome guns. i was surprised at the mild recoil of the 7.5 round

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ding in the butt stock notwithstanding, the stock is in better shape than many I've seen with "beaver-chewed" marks all over the lower areas of the stock. That crack is not good though! Will you be looking to return it, or will you repair it?

I'm just gonna keep it. They sold out quick.

does that crack appear fresh or does it look older? still awesome guns. i was surprised at the mild recoil of the 7.5 round

It looks pretty recent to me.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't look bad to me. Hand-pick is sometimes meaningless when they're hand-picking out a group of 2. Actually, that dinged-up butt isn't all that uncommon on K31's and K11"s. All kinds of rumors regarding hob-nailed boots and such. I'll bet you get happy when you shoot it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't look bad to me. Hand-pick is sometimes meaningless when they're hand-picking out a group of 2. Actually, that dinged-up butt isn't all that uncommon on K31's and K11"s. All kinds of rumors regarding hob-nailed boots and such. I'll bet you get happy when you shoot it.

They do shoot pretty well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom