K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow, went back and watched the video to refresh my memory of what this fuss was about.

I can now blame been's comment on what he meant to say. Ha!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Casual use of ethnic slurs, complete lack of historical knowledge and absence of rational thought - all rolled in one. Good post, bro!

Casual use of ethnic slurs, yeah, that's terms used during WWII. (is Kraut OK?) Complete lack....absense.....OK.
I guess I just lack your keen insight and political correctness. I'll do some more reading, maybe I can catch up with you.

To TRY to leave the sensitive issues behind - there's an interesting potion of the book "The Forgotten Soldier" where the writer is issued a new k98....later in the book, he's ready to swap for an auto on the Eastern Front. If you haven't read it, it's a great (non-political) story about a kid that get drafted into the German Army.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I see it in the same way as some dumb-ass college freshman wearing a Che Guevara shirt... most likely he has no idea who Che really was or any of the monstrous things he did, and he probably wouldn't give a damn even if he did know... he is just wearing it because it is "cool," and maybe because it carries some shock factor or notoriety.

It is the same thing as the guys who post pics of their Mosins with a bunch of Soviet memorabilia, with the hammer and sickle and/or red star displayed conspicuously; or the Nazi memorabilia collectors Moboost decries so vociferously. It is usually either out of ignorance, or a dumb-ass juvenile impulse to be "cool" or "different." Either way I just find it mildly annoying, like most other ignorant, childish, and dumb-ass behavior. If I had to stifle an urge to put my fist through someone's face every time I witnessed behavior falling into one of those categories, I don't think I would remain sane for long. I save my real outrage for the people who do more than simply admire the symbols of some statist philosophy, or even those who buy into it... the ones that really get me going are those who attempt to actually put statism into action, and violate other people's rights. For those people, getting my fist through their face would be getting off light, as far as I'm concerned.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Making a comparison between Che and Hitler and Stalin is just wrong. You and I both know Che and Uncle Joe were for the people, and Hitler was a mean, mean man. That's why I know hide my swastika-covered rifle when I go to the range, yet proudly display the communist star on my 91/30. It's nice to know that some of my K98s were built by communists also, at least the Nazi's did find employment for some of their enemies.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Making a comparison between Che and Hitler and Stalin is just wrong. You and I both know Che and Uncle Joe were for the people, and Hitler was a mean, mean man. That's why I know hide my swastika-covered rifle when I go to the range, yet proudly display the communist star on my 91/30. It's nice to know that some of my K98s were built by communists also, at least the Nazi's did find employment for some of their enemies.

I think MoBoosts argument is that the K98 with nazi marks was made for the sole purpose of carrying out the evil acts of Killing the victims of the holocaust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom