K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nazi artificats are worth some serious cash to collectors. Owning them no more makes one a Nazi, than owning Old West artifacts makes one a cowboy.

MOboost, I think your disdain is misplaced. They people you should wonder about are the ones who buy REPRODUCTION itesms with absolutely no historic significance.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps I haven't made myself clear here. I dabble in mausers just to resell and make a little money. All of the rifles I posted in the Mausers and more mausers thread have been sold except a couple. The only Mauser dear to my heart is one given to me by my father. That one and the Kar98a I traded for on this board are the only ones that won't be sold. I recently sold just a STOCK for 400 bucks. I'm not wealthy enough to have a room full of them nor inclined. I currently own more Arisaka's than mauser's to be honest.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nazi artificats are worth some serious cash to collectors. Owning them no more makes one a Nazi, than owning Old West artifacts makes one a cowboy.

MOboost, I think your disdain is misplaced. They people you should wonder about are the ones who buy REPRODUCTION itesms with absolutely no historic significance.

You own Old West artifacts because you honestly just hate old cowboys and everything they stand for, doing it "for history's" sake, you know. I guess tell yourself whatever makes you sleep at night.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I wasnt trying to glorify the K98 or the politician holding it. just thought some might get a kick out of the video. It's not even a German(anymore) K98. looks to be a yugo crest on it so its been commie-fied. Which begs the question "Mr. Barrow, how could your father have kept around the house a rifle that wasnt imported until the 90's? Exactly what is your age? Can we see your birth certificate?"

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dabble in mausers just to resell and make a little money.

And what makes you think this of me?

You buy and sell nazi relics for profit ... what should I think of you?

Swastika covered POS. A k98 has maybe two tiny firing proofs with microscopic swastika's on it.

Remove them "microscopic swastika's" and it becomes a worthless POS.
Intact k98 are not rare by any means, and yet demand 2-3 times more than defaced ones. Obviously defacing does not affect historical value - being a factual part of history, it only enhances the depth of history. So, the only reason one would pay more for the swastikas is a hard-on for Hitler .... flamboyant or closet one.

Which begs the question "Mr. Barrow, how could your father have kept around the house a rifle that wasnt imported until the 90's? Exactly what is your age? Can we see your birth certificate?"
hahaha, that's a good one. Politicians being politicians ....

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I wasnt trying to glorify the K98 or the politician holding it. just thought some might get a kick out of the video. It's not even a German(anymore) K98. looks to be a yugo crest on it so its been commie-fied. Which begs the question "Mr. Barrow, how could your father have kept around the house a rifle that wasnt imported until the 90's? Exactly what is your age? Can we see your birth certificate?"

I am not trying to jump into this argument and I don't know Mr. Barrow from Adam but isn't it possible his Dad brought it back as war trophy?

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see what youre saying MoBoost, I really do. But all matching mausers havent reached these astronomical prices until lately. The surplus ran out and they got a little higher back in the 80's. not much but a little. Then Saving Private Ryan came out and K98's skyrocketed. Garands and M1 carbines came up too but not as much as the K98. I can't explain it anymore than I can explain Darth Vader and Stormtrooper costumes outselling Luke Skywalker and R2-D2 at Halloween. Most people like the bad guys. GI Joe?, Cobra was neater. Thundercats? Mum-Ra and his flunkies were cooler. He-Man? Skeletor and his flunkies were cooler. Were the nazis better people? No. Were their uniforms neat and more colorful. Alot of people think so. Thanks to shows like Combat and Hogans Heroes they were de-criminalized to an extent. Now the people who grew up watching those shows collect that stuff. I personally don't think neo-nazis or white supremacists are smart enough to hold a job to buy original 3rd Reich stuff. Like JB said, the ones buying reproduction stuff to covet are the ones to worry about. The ones buying original for investment and insuring it(I don't I'm not rich enough to own any of the stuff) do so in the knowledge that once they kick the bucket their kids can sell it off and make a good profit. Is it morally objective? I don't know. Maybe if someone only wanted to collect concentration camp stuff like armbands and uniforms then yes. I find that very strange. And most of these collectors also collect U.S. stuff too to balance out the collection. Because they have to be OCD to collect anyways. AGAIN I AM NOT A COLLECTOR. In fact I have sold most of my rifles off here lately as my very first post on this board indicated.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You own Old West artifacts because you honestly just hate old cowboys and everything they stand for, doing it "for history's" sake, you know. I guess tell yourself whatever makes you sleep at night.

You are not making any sense. It is unfair and ridiculous of you to lump all collectors of WW 2 Axis weapons and equipment as Nazis and racists.

I have WW 1 German weapons, but I'm not for the Kaiser. I owned a Broomhandled Mauser from the Boer War and I wasn't an Afrikaner or a Rooinekker (British).

So, if you're being argumentative for arguments sake, find another subject. Implying someone is a racist simply because of the guns they own is stupid, weak and does a great disservice to the victims of real racism then and now.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You buy and sell nazi relics for profit ... what should I think of you?

Remove them "microscopic swastika's" and it becomes a worthless POS.
Intact k98 are not rare by any means, and yet demand 2-3 times more than defaced ones. Obviously defacing does not affect historical value - being a factual part of history, it only enhances the depth of history. So, the only reason one would pay more for the swastikas is a hard-on for Hitler .... flamboyant or closet one.

hahaha, that's a good one. Politicians being politicians ....

Japanese rifles are worth much more with the mum in tact. VZ's with a crest are also much more praised.

Latest posts

Top Bottom