K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pot stirring? Challenge accepted!

Do you run a museum? Are you planning to give it to a museum? Are all of those heirlooms? Or do you have it as an investment?

If it's just an investment - what does your Jewish buddy think of you "getting rich" off good ol' Nazi relics? How is it any different then "getting rich" on recent tragedies you condemn so vocally?

I inherited a lot of it. Some of it came with various guns I bought from estates, veterans' widows, and a few items I bought at auction.

Actually, I have, indeed, considered giving it to a museum, but just never have gotten around to looking into it.

As far as "getting rich" on this stuff, my boy, I'm already rich.

I don't get why you are trying to guilt trip everyone. You seem pretty obsessed and it's a bit tiresome.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I have, indeed, considered giving it to a museum, but just never have gotten around to looking into it.

As far as "getting rich" on this stuff, my boy, I'm already rich.

Can't stay rich by giving stuff away, eh? But it's the thought that counts ...

I don't get why you are trying to guilt trip everyone. You seem pretty obsessed and it's a bit tiresome.
Guilt free environment makes me pretty obsessive. The fact that you are mentioning guilt makes me think that maybe, just maybe, I am making a difference.

What would you do if your Jewish friend DID tell you that your Nazi collection bothers him?

You are an older guy, and you understand what is what better than most. I don't think you are trying to glorify Nazis, but it might appear different to younger impressionable crowd.

I still haven't heard a good argument to buy a $1000 K98 over a $300 M96, other than "This is 'merica! I do whatever I want!"

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, tax deductions help out quite a bit!

To be frank, I'm not guilty in the least. I haven't done anything that causes even the slightest twinge in my conscience.

If my friend brought it up to me, I would respect his feelings and explain that I don't share his opinion. Btw, he helped me find a really nice RZM PPK, so I'm pretty sure I know he doesn't take any offense. Also, most of this stuff is packed away, it's not on display in some sort of shrine. Although, if I build snother house, I do intend to do some displays with all the pistols of the Allies and the Axis and probably one for the WW I weapons of the Allies and the Central powers. Probably shadow boxes with medals, guns, paper work etc.

I think your tsouris (that's a Yiddish word) should more originate from those folks who actually buy reproductions and actually do glorify the Nazis, rather than collectors or historical reenactors.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, tax deductions help out quite a bit!

To be frank, I'm not guilty in the least. I haven't done anything that causes even the slightest twinge in my conscience.

If my friend brought it up to me, I would respect his feelings and explain that I don't share his opinion. Btw, he helped me find a really nice RZM PPK, so I'm pretty sure I know he doesn't take any offense. Also, most of this stuff is packed away, it's not on display in some sort of shrine. Although, if I build snother house, I do intend to do some displays with all the pistols of the Allies and the Axis and probably one for the WW I weapons of the Allies and the Central powers. Probably shadow boxes with medals, guns, paper work etc.

I think your tsouris (that's a Yiddish word) should more originate from those folks who actually buy reproductions and actually do glorify the Nazis, rather than collectors or historical reenactors.

I agree. I plan on owning a German WW2 period Mauser some time in the future. I also plan on owning every other main rifle from the period. Italian, french, British, you name it. I dont want the Mauser because it has a swastika on it. I want it because it has a history to it that other rifles may not have. Kinda like owning piece of the Berlin Wall. A chunk of concrete may be dirt cheap, but some have historical value to them. I dont plan on going to any neo-nazi meetings or any other stupid stuff like that though.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone remember Sportsman's Guide selling Nazi marked 8x56R ammo quite a few years ago? I think it went for about 5 bucks per 10 rounds on stripper clips. Had original box, etc....they used to sell a bunch of surplus stuff (Nazi, Commie, Swede, etc) - and then one day they started running a disclaimer next to Nazi stuff, saying they didn't want to offend anyone. (no disclaimer for Commie stuff, go figure)

Kinda like Mitchell's Mausers removing eagle and swastikas from their K98 ads. Now the ads show an iron cross, because K98s have iron crosses on them, I suppose.

Even model airplanes of ME-109s and Stukas have the swastika removed from the box art. (replaced with iron cross, again)

Kinda reminds me of Harry Potter's Voldemort - ooh..don't speak his name...oh no!!!!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone remember Sportsman's Guide selling Nazi marked 8x56R ammo quite a few years ago? I think it went for about 5 bucks per 10 rounds on stripper clips. Had original box, etc....they used to sell a bunch of surplus stuff (Nazi, Commie, Swede, etc) - and then one day they started running a disclaimer next to Nazi stuff, saying they didn't want to offend anyone. (no disclaimer for Commie stuff, go figure)

Kinda like Mitchell's Mausers removing eagle and swastikas from their K98 ads. Now the ads show an iron cross, because K98s have iron crosses on them, I suppose.

Even model airplanes of ME-109s and Stukas have the swastika removed from the box art. (replaced with iron cross, again)

Kinda reminds me of Harry Potter's Voldemort - ooh..don't speak his name...oh no!!!!

We've blasted past politically correct into pathetically correct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom