1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

K98k's and politics

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by milsurp2.0, Oct 18, 2012.

1. JB Books

JB Books Shooter Emeritus

Again, I think it is dangerous and stupid to demonize Hitler and the Nazis as monsters. It is absolutely foolish to do so. What is precisely so terrible about them is that they were normal people, just like us, who bought into their philosophy so completely, they were able to do horrible things not only willingly, but gleefully.

2. been

been Sharpshooter

yep. And it can easily be repeated.

3. milsurp2.0

milsurp2.0 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

[​IMG]

4. MoBoost

MoBoost Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I see what you did there ...... :)

5. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Again, I think it is dangerous and stupid to demonize Hitler and the Nazis as monsters. It is absolutely foolish to do so. What is precisely so terrible about them is that they were normal people, just like us, who bought into their philosophy so completely, they were able to do horrible things not only willingly, but gleefully.

And what's up with them forcing kids into science programs, fitness and all that? Freakin' idiots.

6. JB Books

JB Books Shooter Emeritus

They did cut out a lot of smoking and ban vivisection (unfortunately this only applied to animals).

Ted, the German people loved Hitler. That doesn't make him less evil by our standards, but they did love him.

You guys have probably never met any REAL Nazis. There almost all gone now, but the ones I met made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

7. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have met Nazis. And Brits, and lots of American vets of WWII. Also Germans who lived in Wurzburg through the bombings. Funny thing, the vets, all of them, never demonized the German soldiers, SS or Wermacht. Even the guys that were POWS said they were treated decently.

Now, talk to a Pacific vet, and he'll tell you all about the Japanese.

Not saying they were all great guys, or that I'd agree with all of their ideology, but let's be honest:
    If we had lost the war, and "war crimes" trials were held, how do you think the U.S. would look after intentionally firebombing Japanese and German civilian populations?

8. MoBoost

MoBoost Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nothing to do with the fact that they were all "white" ....

9. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm sure it had a lot to do with the fact that they were all "white". If they had been captured by the Persian SS troops, treatment may have been different.

Good point, though - it is a shame that in WWI and II, whole generations of Western Europeans were completely wiped out. In WWI, Britain, France, Belgium, Germany, all lost so many young men. Then again, 20 years later.

It's insane for people of the same race/culture to go to war with each other, especially when that race is a minority in the world's population.

I suppose when western Europeans become extinct, the peace and harmony will ensue. I'm sure the scientific advancements, as well as the global charity to all nations will also increase. Maybe we'll finally see an end to the tribalism, racism, and violence that always follows Europeans.

10. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm just posting here to keep the thread alive.