K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i281.photobucket.com_albums_kk201_henschman_guns_Mauser_zps2c4ac0ec.jpg

Discuss. ;)

guns dont kill peopel. Mausers kill people

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sleep tight ... German made PPKs almost exclusively were used at Katyn to create a conspiracy.

And a fine weapon to use! Odd that they felt they had to create a scene like that.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These Poles must be closet Nazis. How dare they question the accuracy of the Soviets? Next thing you know, there will be scientists questioning other aspects of Nazi war crimes. I'm sure we'll all hear a candid, open discussion on that.....

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Germans typically treated American POWs well (that term being relative), especially in the Stalags run by the Luftwaffe. However, if a US soldier happened to be Jewish or Black, that was a quite different story.

The Japanese reasoning for mistreating POWs as explained to me by a Japanese officer of the WW II era is something like this:

The only thing that separates men from animals is a sense of honor. When one surrenders, one gives up his honor. Therefore, one ceases to be a man and is no better than an animal.

They'd have been really screwed if we felt the same way....

That is really interesting. I wonder what honor they saw in beating and torturing unarmed men. Heck, what honor is there in beating and torturing an animal for that matter? The Imperialist Japanese were a sick people. On the other note, I did a job up at Camp Gruber and was fascinated by the German POW art that they still have on display. It may have been hot for them, but they were treated with dignity.

I love my K98 by the way. To the victors!

Latest posts

Top Bottom