K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jescates

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thread continues with a question? Is it safe to shoot modern 8mm in a K98K? I have been told the Yugo surplus is okay, but Remington or other name brands might not? Anyone care to share?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thread continues with a question? Is it safe to shoot modern 8mm in a K98K? I have been told the Yugo surplus is okay, but Remington or other name brands might not? Anyone care to share?

It is my understanding that they generally load the modern stuff to older standards so that it can be shot in older rifles.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
American brand ammo is loaded down to about like a .30-30. These are called lawyer loads in case someone puts the newer(post 1905) .323 round into an older(pre1905) .318 diameter bore. Yugo ammo is loaded to German specs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tonkawa Ok was the home of a large german POW camp. Some of it still remains.
The POW's got a good ride.

When I was stationed in Leavenworth Ks at Ft leavenworth, Pow's were housed there as well. When hunting, I stumbled upon many grave stones in an area that was not maintained.
Seems there was a revolt, by some prisoners and the perps were executed. All stones had the same date of death.

Latest posts

Top Bottom