K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MoBoost, what is so scary about the Nazis is that they were normal people who embraced a twisted ideology. I think it is counterproductive when the Nazi leadership is portrayed as two dimensional monsters like Dracula or Frankenstein. Do you remember the German movie "Downfall" about Hitler in the bunker? It drew all lines of criticism for a "sympathetic" portrayal of Hitler. That was ridiculous. Hitler was an incredibly intelligent man with a tremendous charisma and force of will. The Germans loved him and followed him straight into Hell (both literal and morally). Hitler told jokes, loved his dog and his mistress. He had friends. He wasn't Freddy Kruger or Michael Myers. THAT is what makes him monsterous.

Well said.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a couple of Mosins, despite the atrocities committed by the Red Army. If I could come up with a vet bring-back K98 for something reasonable, it would sit along side the Russian rifles. In fact, if I could come up with a nice, legit K98 that I knew wasn't screwed with to try and inflate the value, I'd buy that, too. Mine is more the interest in history, and I want the relics in original configuration, not scrubbed, peened, or sanitized.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and the argument was like bashing your head against a brick wall then. same as it is now. friggin stupid.

I haven't seen any "argument" yet. This is how this conversation goes.

- Why do you own Nazi ****?
- I am not a Nazi
- That's not what asked ... do you like Nazis?
- No
- Well, why do you own Nazi **** then?
- <crickets> ...

The only sound argument so far is brought up by cjjtulsa "the relics in original configuration", but you better have a very, and I mean VERY rounded collection to pull this one on me.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any "argument" yet. This is how this conversation goes.

- Why do you own Nazi ****?
- I am not a Nazi
- That's not what asked ... do you like Nazis?
- No
- Well, why do you own Nazi **** then?
- <crickets> ...

The only sound argument so far is brought up by cjjtulsa "the relics in original configuration", but you better have a very, and I mean VERY rounded collection to pull this one on me.
You know. It's kind of funny because no one has mentioned owning any nazi stuff. If you think a k98k rifle symbolizes a political party then your pretty narrow minded to begin with. No one needs your opinion or blessing to own anything actually. You keep digging yourself into a hole on a completely unnecessary moral crusade. Actually you're just coming off like like an obnoxious ***hole. If you have some reason to hate these nazis and anything or anyone you perceive to be associated with them why don't you just spill the beans?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sharps, Smith & Wessons, Evans, Henrys, Winchesters, Remingtons, Ballards, Maynards, Starrs, Spencers, Enfields and Forehand & Wadworths, as well as Colts and Springfields were used by American Soliders to exterminate the Native Americans. I'm sure that those collecting them would love to hear about how they have some subliminal hatred for the natives.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know. It's kind of funny because no one has mentioned owning any nazi stuff. If you think a k98k rifle symbolizes a political party then your pretty narrow minded to begin with. No one needs your opinion or blessing to own anything actually. You keep digging yourself into a hole on a completely unnecessary moral crusade. Actually you're just coming off like like an obnoxious ***hole. If you have some reason to hate these nazis and anything or anyone you perceive to be associated with them why don't you just spill the beans?
Spilling the beans....

I hate Nazis: for philosophical, ideological, moral and very personal reasons.

K98 was made in Germany 1935-1945. Germany was under Hitler's Nazi totalitarian control 1931-1945. K98 was a Nazi weapon - it wasn't made before or after.

If you are a Nazi - fine, this is a free country you can say and believe whatever you want; of course if you decide to act on you Nazi believes - it's a whole different story.

If you are just toying with Nazi ideas - that's when I will say my piece. Yeah, it's moral crusade - I wouldn't be on it if it wasn't needed, would I?

Latest posts

Top Bottom