Kahr PM9 vs CM9 - thoughts???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really interested in getting my hands on a PM9. I've been looking at some DAO pocket carry options and these have piqued my interest. While doing some reading, I came across the lower cost version, the CM9. It looks to be the same pistol, but with less machining work, and just not as much time put into fit & finish, but all accounts that I've read state that it's a solid pistol. Is the PM9 worth the extra couple hundred dollars? I'm interested in hearing OSA's thoughts between the two, or your thoughts on these Kahr line of pistols in general. Thanks.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CM9 has a pinned in font sight -- the PM9 has dovetail sights -- to upgrade to a different front sight (night sight or truglo sight might be a challenge if you want to change).

MIM part -- the PM9 has a machined slide stop the CM9 uses Metal Injected Molded (MIM) stop.

Barrel rifling -- The PM9 uses polygonal rifling (match grade) vs CM9 uses conventional rifling.

PM9 (factory Specs):
https://www.kahr.com/mk-series-and-pm-series-handguns/

CM9 series:
https://www.kahr.com/c-series-handguns/

I bought my PM9, P9 & P45 used ( a while ago) -- New prices are insane.

Trigger press is a little different -- lots of trigger take-up -- Quality firearm -- I would try to shoot before I buy.

Cylinder and Slide still modifies them:
https://cylinder-slide.com/Category/SCKahr

Good luck on your quest (search) !!!!!!

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had at least a few of both, and as Engineman stated up there ^^^, there are differences. The CM is the economy series and they are well worth the money; however, PM are better made with quality parts. I use a PM9 for my main carry gun most of the time, the differences are worth it to me.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have had lots of each , I don't think there is enough difference to be worth the added cost. with that said i still have a pm 9 it is the black dlc finish and a member here made me a great deal on it

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only have a CM9. When I got it and took the slide off it sliced my finger pretty deep so I had to emery cloth all the edges. I had feeding issues too especially with the extended mags so I don’t trust it for edc. It’s a spare truck gun now.
Try it before you buy it if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t speak for the CM9, but I had a PM9 at one time. I bought it before trying it, and was surprised and disappointed by the longish trigger take up that Engine mentioned. Sold it soon after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom