Kahr PM9 vs CM9 - thoughts???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had both. Couldn’t get to like that long trigger. Just not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had two CM9s. I bought one for my daughter but it was too snappy for her so I sold that one. At the time I was turned off by the polymer frame rails, but it wasn’t really a big thing because I knew I would never be shooting high round counts in them. I really liked the smooth trigger stroke as I was into DA revolvers. Shoot DA long enough and you actually get to where you prefer them and yes they can be ran just as fast as an auto. Miculek?

What killed the CM for me was the mags. I kept breaking followers and getting replacements wasn’t easy or cheap. In its defense I don’t know how many trouble free rounds went through it before I found they were broken, but just didn’t trust it afterward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my P45 in 2007; factory recommends 200 round break in. The slide would consistently lock with 1 round round left in the magazine, I figure I would shoot all 200 in one afternoon. Around round 140 to 160 (somewhere around there) the pistol started working like its suppose to. Also remember grip hand pinky was buzzing. Excellent Saturday afternoon.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I had a CM9 for a few years. Much better than the PF9 it replaced. Sold it for the P365 I have now.

somewhere I posted dimensional differences between the two. Not much more for an almost 90% increase in capacity and a 150% better trigger. And better sights.