Kayak fisherman??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem with fishing is if you want to catch fish, invite me. You I guarantee will catch fish while I rust hooks. I can count the number of fish I have caught on both hands. I'm about three fingers away from having to take off my shoes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I know, pics or it didn’t happen. This is the model I got.

4ed4687d04d3c1f9dccd96f279800342.jpg

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I moved up here from Galveston Bay and still have my Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160. I don't use it here as much as I would like, primarily because up until lately it had to be registered with numbers on the hull (not necessary in TX). My primary use down south was bay and near shore. It is my favorite way to fish and I plan to get a little in here this spring, summer and fall.
That's cool. I spend most of my time in and around the Perdido Bay between Alabama and Florida but fish several others in the area as well. Red Fish are one of my favorites, so that's usually what I target when I'm down there.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a kayak once, fell out of it and damn near drown. Couldn't get out of it once it turned over. I'll stick with a good old flat bottom boat thank you..
Just takes a little practice. I don't know how but after all the years I've spent on kayaks and on the variety of water ways, I've never flipped on purpose. I have rolled on purpose in my pond and the bay near my in-laws house for practice though. Its only a matter of time, everyone does it at some point. However, I also have a 12' Jon boat in use from time to time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom