KGA shop tour Oct.31

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We will once again be at the Bill Kennedy shop at Yukon. Bill has retired to full time making and progressed very well with his folders.

We will start at 10 am with demos. Iron-in-the hat-drawing. tailgate sales. dinner there. Smoked meat with beans and cole slaw and other goodies members bringing side dishes. Keep Ray Kirk away from the pecan pie.
Afternoon will be two forges with two anvils going to give members a chance to hammer out their own small knife.
Come and meet members. Please notify Mike Miller 918-260-5771 or Ray Kirk 918-207-8076 so we make sure we have enough meat.
Last time we had 50 people there

Saturday from 10 am to 3;30 PM THANK YOU

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure to bump this when it gets close to the actual date. Sounds like a cool event. I have an anvil, and have owned a couple of Damascus blade knives. Love em. I'd like to hammer one out.
Need to see a forge in action.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the group are three from "The Forged in Fire" show . One demo how to treat stag with permanganate to get brown color. Ray Kirk will do a forging demo then afternoon two forges with two anvils for individual to forge a small knife. Four people can work at the same time.
Tail gate sales and Iron in the Hat drawing which help us to have the shop tour.

Bill is smoking deer and turkey with baked beans. I'm bring cole slaw. Other side dishes appreciated or donation jar on site. Nobody has EVER gone home hungry. Just keep Ray away from the pecan pie!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom