KGA shop tour Ray Kirk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
our next tour is at Ray Kirks in Tahlequah.

Ray Kirk will forge out knife.
Mike Miller will do a sheath for said knife.
Rusty Polk will test for his Jouneymans Stamp
Tracey Roach will show how to set up a Facebook knife sale page.

Rays knife and Mikes sheath will he Iron-in-the Hat drawing later. Finished sheath will be sent to winner.
One other demo yet to be announced

Dinner on site
Tailgate sales
Iron-in-the -hat drawing.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our shop tour turned out tremendous. We had 85 people in attendance.
I started on my sheath demo. The sheath I made was for a Ray Kirk integral damascus stag handled knife. Tracy Roach gave a presentation on Facebook set up for a sales page.
We had an enjoyable dinner of chili or beans with hot dogs,cole slaw,potatoe salad , and lettuce salad.

Deserts were pecan pie ,brownies, several different cheese cakes.

After dinner we did our Iron-in-the -hat drawing where tickets are sold and placed in cans in front of items donated for supplies. Winning numbered ticket wins that item. We had several exotic hand material for draw, knife steel, tomahawk handle, and some quenchant oil. All tickets were put together into a big bucket and winning ticket drawn for the Ray Kirk damascus integalin stag.The winning ticket belonged to MRs. Comar.
Afternoon started with a Ray Kirk forging a blacksmith knife out of round stock.

Rusty Polk passed his test for Journeyman. It is cutting a one inch rope hung vertically. Cutting a two by four in two two times and then have the knife shave hair on his arm. The knife is dulled then clamped in a vice and must bend past 90 degrees without cracking.

The second person testing was a historical first. Roger Comar from North Carolina tested. Roger is a Cherokee. He was tested by Ray Kirk a Mastersmith of the ABS who is also Cherokee. They had Bill Johns witness Roger testing. Bill is the Head Chief of the Cherokee tribe.

Allin all a most enjoyable day. Visited with many old friends and just had a good time!

The Fall Shop Stour willbe at my house near Davenport. Sometime in October with a positive date to be announced later!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom